Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Divorce Finalized!

Just received my V1 and I'm blown away.

It picked up multiple signals my 9500ix never even alerted to with GPS off (I wasn't running them together). The mount is amazing! It's sturdy as can be and the rubber band stops all rattles. My 9500 was noisy as hell because my windshield has a abnormal curve to it.

The arrows? Freaking. Awesome.

Laser I'm not so sure yet. I live in an Infiniti jungle yet today they were all hiding. Honestly though, if it alerts to one legitimate laser source I'll be happy. I never got one laser alert with my 9500ix

Few questions though, is there such thing as mounting it too high? I have the front sensor right under the factory tint band but the rear seems pretty high up. It can see the rear window but mainly the top. The arrows seemed to be functioning properly though.

Second, the display (one with the Current mode/bogey counter) seems to be a tiny bit blurry or hazy like it has one of those plastic covers on it that needs to be removed. Is there actually one or is that just the finish. Regardless it doesn't bother me.

Now to figure out what to do with my 9500ix. I work at Best Buy so I got a good deal for it. I'm thinking of selling it for around $300 or I'll just claim the Replacement plan on it and get store credit.

P.S. Here's a picture of where I have it mounted
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Monoxcide; 10-06-2009 at 01:12 PM.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Divorce Finalized!

You got divorced huh? Congrats?

Anywho:

Thats mounted just fine, as long as you don't have metallic tint.

The display is like that, don't try peeling anything off. (As I remember), its probably to help to reduce the glare/intensity at night.

Newcomer

Tint is non-metallic. Divorced from my 9500. Been a long running joke between my the GF and I.

Professional

I thought you actually just got a divorce, which reminded me of a fairy tale:
    Once upon a time a guy asked his girl to marry him. She said "no", and he lived happily ever after.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxcide View Post
    Just received my V1 and I'm blown away.

It picked up multiple signals my 9500ix never even alerted to with GPS off (I wasn't running them together). The mount is amazing! It's sturdy as can be and the rubber band stops all rattles. My 9500 was noisy as hell because my windshield has a abnormal curve to it.

The arrows? Freaking. Awesome.

Laser I'm not so sure yet. I live in an Infiniti jungle yet today they were all hiding. Honestly though, if it alerts to one legitimate laser source I'll be happy. I never got one laser alert with my 9500ix

Few questions though, is there such thing as mounting it too high? I have the front sensor right under the factory tint band but the rear seems pretty high up. It can see the rear window but mainly the top. The arrows seemed to be functioning properly though.

Second, the display (one with the Current mode/bogey counter) seems to be a tiny bit blurry or hazy like it has one of those plastic covers on it that needs to be removed. Is there actually one or is that just the finish. Regardless it doesn't bother me.

Now to figure out what to do with my 9500ix. I work at Best Buy so I got a good deal for it. I'm thinking of selling it for around $300 or I'll just claim the Replacement plan on it and get store credit.

P.S. Here's a picture of where I have it mounted
    You have made a wise choice and will not look back on it.

Experienced

You can buy smaller suction cups for the windshield mount if you want to get it a little higher. I've seen them at Michael's Arts and Crafts and Walgreens.

Lead Foot

Congrats. Future zombie in the making. Now hardwire that sucker.

Newcomer

Nice man.V1 is the best

Radar Fanatic

Ya, I'm not gonna lie. Raw detection wise, my 9500ix isn't in the same league as my 3.812 V1 on K and 34.7 Ka.

Newcomer

with arrow u can stand with false. since u know where the false signal from and kinda have idea its a real or just false
    with other detector chatty as v1 i coudn't stand it
    very hard time to figure it out its real or just false.