Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Lead Foot

Default Re: I will be returning my V1

Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal
    Well the V1 is a nice detector, but I am going to return it.

It did not give me as much warning on Ka as my original passport 8500 does in the following sitution:

The officer is ahead shooting the rear of cars after they pass by. In this set up the detector needs to alert as soon as possible BEFORE you get to the LEO's location. This is simiular to the Ka photo radar setup that clock you as soon as you pass that other member were recently talking about in the thread about the new GOL test. The V1's range is not as good as my original 8500 in this encounter. The V1 was excellent with Ka when the source was in front pointed my direction and if it was off to the side.

The V1 is hands down the best K band detector I have seen, the V1 has a very slight edge on the X50 for K band, but not a significant difference. However the V1 is annoying when it continues to alert with a rear arrow after passing my grocery store K band door.

One weird thing I noticed about the V1 when I encounter 2 LEO's running constant on K band side by side, I would get a Ka alert when i get close to them. This happened more than once.

Maybe one day a detector company will make a detector that detects Ka as good as the original 8500, K band as good as the V1 or X50, and POP like the RX65 or V1 all in one detector.

Until that detector comes out, I'm gonna run with 2 detectors. I will use the original 8500 for Ka and since I still have my X50 I will use it for K band.
    Can the K-band be shut off like the X-band on the V-1? Also will you get a 100% refund or will you have to pay for shipping and re-stocking fees?

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal
    Quote Originally Posted by computersoc
    stealthJamal, are you saying the V1 is better on Ka or the X50 is? I can't decide what to buy... looking for good laser performance but Ka too.
    I'm saying the orignal Passport 8500 Rev 15 which is no longer sold is better than the V1 AND the X50 in detecting Ka band from my experiences.

If you are looking to buy a new detector I suggest you look at the RX65(when operated in Ka USA mode) and V1 for the best Ka protection or wait to see what new detectors come out.
    When do new detectors come out?
    Is the V-1 due anytime for any changes?

if they do it will be a plus....the V-1 the way it is all ya need unless ya have a big laser problem...like i said before the i cant drive with out it

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by chip_1
    if they do it will be a plus....the V-1 the way it is all ya need unless ya have a big laser problem...like i said before the i cant drive with out it
    Love those arrows Ihave heard once you have them you will wonder why you didn't get it sooner.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by LS2
    Love those arrows Ihave heard once you have them you will wonder why you didn't get it sooner.
    That is very true. Yes you can turn off the K band. But why would you want to do that? :shock:

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by davekr
    Quote Originally Posted by LS2
    That is very true. Yes you can turn off the K band. But why would you want to do that? :shock:
    Grocery stores?Whatelse is on K-band that gives falses? I already know about X-band and forget that.