Thread: New guy old V1

Default New guy old V1

new guys here and i have searched but i figured i would just ask and get flamed for it. I have a V1 that i purchased back in 1999. I have finally encountered my first problem with it, it displays a E on the display. It is being sent off tomarrow, just woundering what it may cost to get fixed. It really doesn't matter since i am going to fix it or if its to much replae it with a new one. Thanks in advance

Good Citizen

Default Re: New guy old V1

Im pretty sure they have a flat rate repair fee of $45. Not 100% sure on that though

Power User

Shouldn't be more than $45. I had the E too.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by tlinville View Post
    new guys here and i have searched but i figured i would just ask and get flamed for it. I have a V1 that i purchased back in 1999. I have finally encountered my first problem with it, it displays a E on the display. It is being sent off tomarrow, just woundering what it may cost to get fixed. It really doesn't matter since i am going to fix it or if its to much replae it with a new one. Thanks in advance
    1999?? it must be 1.7..I would skip the $45 tuneup/repair fee,and upgrade the v1 to 1.8 for $189

thanks that is what someone else told me as well. Thanks for the quick response. I love my V1 it has been everywhere i have, and saved me alot of money in speeding tickets. I think it paid for its self in the first week i had it.

i entered my serial number on there website and it said i wouldn't really benefit from an upgrade, i guess i will ask them about it when they call me to let me know what it will take to fix it..

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by tlinville View Post
    i entered my serial number on there website and it said i wouldn't really benefit from an upgrade, i guess i will ask them about it when they call me to let me know what it will take to fix it..
    if it is 1.8 get tune up.if 1.7 get upgrade

will check into it thanks alot.