Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Concealed Display Question?

Is there any way to manually put the V1 into dark mode & fully lit mode if the CD is hooked up? Once I connect the CD my V1 automatically goes into dark mode. In the daytime I would like to have my V1 lit, not dark. But I would also like to have my CD on.
    Sorry if this is a silly question, I just cannot find an answer in the manual.
    I know the whole purpose of the CD is just that "concealed display". But it was just one of those things I was wondering about.
    So far, so good with my new V1. I am very very happy with it after 2 days of owning it

Newcomer

Default Re: Concealed Display Question?

you might be able to put a splitter (phone line type) in your power connection. By the way, your picture that identifies you is quite disturbing.

Newcomer

Short answer - no.

The V1 only sends the data required by the remote display if one of the two "other" wires goes through some simple circuitry telling it a display is there.

The audio remote does something similar, but produces a different data stream (and I don't know if it uses it or not).

What might work is two remote displays.

Newcomer

Todd I changed my avatar for you

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ID10DT View Post
    Todd I changed my avatar for you
    Valentine and Yaesu, you're in good company Mr. VX-7 http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...-got-here.html

Power User

Is there any way to manually put the V1 into dark mode & fully lit mode if the CD is hooked up?
    Nope. By design the two are mutually-exclusive.

If the V1 senses that there is a CD plugged in it shuts off the local display and sends data out to the CD. If the V1 thinks the CD is unplugged, it turns the local display back on but it also stops sending out the data the CD needs for its display.

Radar Fanatic

Is there any way to manually put the V1 into dark mode & fully lit mode if the CD is hooked up? Once I connect the CD my V1 automatically goes into dark mode. In the daytime I would like to have my V1 lit, not dark. But I would also like to have my CD on.
    Sorry if this is a silly question, I just cannot find an answer in the manual.
    I know the whole purpose of the CD is just that "concealed display". But it was just one of those things I was wondering about.
    So far, so good with my new V1. I am very very happy with it after 2 days of owning it
    That's not possible since both devices get their power from the same source (V1 junction box), now if each had their power source and a box that collected both RJ-11 connectors, you could have done this by installing 2 kill switches.

Moving on, why don't you want to have a CD during the day? I don't get the logic behind it....

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by th3 factory freak View Post
    Moving on, why don't you want to have a CD during the day? I don't get the logic behind it....
    No reason in particular. I just thought I could do it.
    Thanks for all the input everyone.

As noted, nope. Although for some other options…. if you put in a remote audio adapter in the mix, see manual, you can toggle the lighted display back and forth from the V1 and CD. Not quite what you were looking for, but what VR offers.

You will also be able to change modes from that adapter. Additionally, if you zero out the two volumes on the V1 you can control the alert volumes out of the remote audio adapter which has a speaker and a muted volume lever. I have mine by the center console so I don’t have to move my arm to adjust modes, volume or lighted display location. My son has borrowed my car so I don’t have access to it. I am trying to remember whether if you turn off the remote audio adapter whether it will turn off the V1 system, i.e., V1, CD and remote audio adapter. I’ll be able to find out in a couple days if you need that info.

BC

Radar Fanatic

I used a switch between the conductor that powers the display. When the switch is "open" the V1 works like the CD isn't even there and the CD is dark....But the mute button on the CD still works.

When the switch is closed, the V1 goes dark, and all info is displayed through the CD.

I know this isn't what you want to do, but it does at least create an easy way to go back and forth between the two.