Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default 2 saves today. Thank You Valentine!

Proceeding over the Goethals Bridge this morning an 18 wheeler decided to slow up the bridge. I was like this Motha F*#ka!!! Then within 2 secs of me starting to get aggravated my new V1 started alerting Laser. No sooner I go around the truck and descending on the other end of the bridge was a PA cop standing outside his car pointing his laser gun at oncoming traffic. I must say, the V1 gave plenty - plenty of warning to slow down. When i saw the cop I jumped back in front of the 18 wheeler and give him a Big Thumbs up . He was actually slowing traffic down on the bridge so nobody would get lasered. I thought that was mighty nice of him. He had one of those "how is my drving" stickers on the back of his rig. So I called the 800 and told them that they had one courteous driver working for them. I made up some story that he was polite enough to stop traffic and help an elderly man cross the road. They thanked me for calling & sharing my gratitude for their driver and said enough calls & they give their drivers incentives! So if a trucker ever takes care of you people....call that 800 # and say how nice they are. They may just get a few extra bucks in their paycheck.

2nd alert was I was driving SB on route 1 in the Union area and my V1 starts alerting Ka. It gave me about a 1/2 mile or so warning. Speed limit was 45. I slowed down to speed limit and this psycho flies around me doing about 80. So, I am like...this guy is toast. Sure enough the local PD was on the opposite side of the 6 lane road doing radar. He just looked at the guy flying by him and couldnt do a damn thing about it. I thought for sure they woulda had a chase car on my side..nut nada. The guy just kept flying and never even saw the radio car.

Just wanted to share my first two saves with my new V1. It excited up my moring a little

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: 2 saves today. Thank You Valentine!

Glad that you are enjoying your new Valentine but how is the first encounter a save if you were backed up behind a slow truck?

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Clay_in_Nashville View Post
    Glad that you are enjoying your new Valentine but how is the first encounter a save if you were backed up behind a slow truck?
    because I started to go around him to start to punch the gas cause he was slowing up traffic. It was a little road rage on my part. I was wrong...I admit it
    I also have to add that my iX never ever alerted me for a real laser alert. So I was damn estatic with a real laser alert (save).
    Last edited by ID10DT; 10-19-2009 at 08:08 PM.

Professional

PA doesnt have laser.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by mikered30 View Post
    PA doesnt have laser.
    You guys are just all over me.....maybe it was a NJ State Trooper. I really didnt look at the car. All I know was there was some big cop standing outside his car shooting laser. I sware!!
    PA = Port Authority of NY & NJ. I am pretty sure they have laser.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ID10DT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikered30 View Post
    PA doesnt have laser.
    You guys are just all over me.....maybe it was a NJ State Trooper. I really didnt look at the car. All I know was there was some big cop standing outside his car shooting laser. I sware!!
    PA = Port Authority of NY & NJ. I am pretty sure they have laser.
    We weren't trying to come across that way. Either way you have a V1, it works, and no ticket.

You might want to consider a jammer for laser. A RD is almost always outmatched by a laser gun.

Radar Fanatic

Yeah, wait til the truck drivers employer asks him what happened with the old man today.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post
    Yeah, wait til the truck drivers employer asks him what happened with the old man today.
    Ahhhh, I was a step ahead. When we finally cleared the bridge and I saw the truck I pulled up next to him and told him the story. He was laughing and thanking me so much. So he had a heads up! The rest was up to him.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ID10DT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post
    Ahhhh, I was a step ahead. When we finally cleared the bridge and I saw the truck I pulled up next to him and told him the story. He was laughing and thanking me so much. So he had a heads up! The rest was up to him.
    Good. I wouldn't want him getting in trouble.

Good Citizen

well he is not going to get in trouble but , maybe they'll question why he was off his truck , blocking traffic , wasting his time helping some old dude across the road , that will land him in trouble !