Lead Foot

Default Some K band and KA thoughts

If I live in an are where LEO is only using K and KA band radar would you guys use the "U" Euro mode option? Or am I doing more harm then good with this?

What is the REAL difference between a KA radar gun and KA photo radar? Is it the FREQUENCY only or the strength of the signal or both?

Thanks!

bogey

Advanced Member

Default Re: Some K band and KA thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by bogey
    If I live in an are where LEO is only using K and KA band radar would you guys use the "U" Euro mode option? Or am I doing more harm then good with this?

What is the REAL difference between a KA radar gun and KA photo radar? Is it the FREQUENCY only or the strength of the signal or both?

Thanks!

bogey
    If you are in the USA, do NOT use Euro mode. In Euro, it will only scan for Ka photo radar at 34.3 GHz and MPH radar at 33.8 GHz. It will completely miss most of the Ka units used in the USA.

Ka photo radar is generally weak and pointed away from the target, and is on a different frequency from the radar guns. To detect it with any amount of useful warning, sweeping Ka has to be restricted to only the frequency of interest, which is what Euro mode does.

Jim

Professional

This discussion about KA photo 34.3ghz has become quite hot in the past few weeks eh?

But no....don't use EURO mode in the states, u'll end up not getting any warnings

V1 Zombie

mmm My 825 kick's A on the 34.6 Ghz cameras here i get good warning around town sometimes up to 1 K out :shock: . All good from this part of planet