Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default Before i become a zombie....

i want to get some input. I'm ready to purchase a v1... and want to know if you guys suggest getting one from ebay for a little cheaper or just go ahead and get one from valentine. I was thinking maybe getting a cheaper one from ebay and sending it in for an upgrade? if thats even possible. still learning a lot thanks guys

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Before i become a zombie....

Spend a tad more, get a brand new one with a carry case and concealed display.

Radar Fanatic

Definitely get a new one from Valentine. They resell so well its difficult to get a deal anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by th3 factory freak View Post
    Spend a tad more, get a brand new one with a carry case and concealed display.
    Do this... seriously.

I held out for a little while, but ended up getting both the concealed display and carry case to go along with the new V1. If I would have listened and bought all of it the first time around I would have saved some in shipping costs

snoopyc4

Get a brand new one from Valentine One.
    Last edited by snoopyc4; 10-27-2009 at 09:51 PM.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by bigmack View Post
    I was thinking maybe getting a cheaper one from ebay and sending it in for an upgrade? if thats even possible.
    It's very possible. It's also possible you'll get a perfectly good, up to date, great performing V1 for a big savings. But it is just as likely that you'll end up with a POS that will cost as much to update as it would have to have bought new in the first place. It's up to you to decide if you're a gambling man, who has the knowledge and facilities to test his RD well enough to know if it's any good or not, or if you'd rather spend smart money to get it right the first time without risk.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Professional

.... I was thinking maybe getting a cheaper one from ebay and sending it in for an upgrade? if thats even possible. still learning a lot thanks guys
    I would recommend getting the valentine one directly from the manufacture unless its 3.813/2 and send it in for a tune up.....But look into buying the CD and the carrying case. You are def going to need it at one point....

Lead Foot

You can always call Valentine up and see if they have a returned unit. It's a little cheaper than a brand new one. It's $359 plus shipping. You can't tell a returned unit from a new one other than price. I was told it's been checked out, and if anything on the RD's not working, scratched, or nicked its replaced.

I bought a returned V1 two weeks ago. It came with the same warranty and accessories that a brand new one has. So, I saved some money and I'm very pleased with my V1.

I thought about buying on Ebay, but the prices were as much if not more than what I paid from Valentine. Plus when buying from ebay you never know what you're going to get.
    Last edited by nosbusa; 10-27-2009 at 10:17 PM.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by nosbusa View Post
    You can always call Valentine up and see if they have a returned unit. It's a little cheaper than a brand new one. It's $359 plus shipping. You can't tell a returned unit from a new one other than price. I was told it's been checked out, and if anything on the RD's not working, scratched, or nicked its replaced.

I bought a returned V1 two weeks ago. It came with the same warranty and accessories that a brand new one has. So, I saved some money and I'm very pleased with my V1.

I thought about buying on Ebay, but the prices were as much if not more than what I paid from Valentine. Plus when buying from ebay you never know what you're going to get.
    You probably got mine

Power User

i want to get some input. I'm ready to purchase a v1... and want to know if you guys suggest getting one from ebay for a little cheaper or just go ahead and get one from valentine.
    That's easy: always buy direct from VR.