Power User

Default Encountered this?

I was driving yesterday with my V1 and picked up Ka signal from a distance. As i was approaching an intersection, signal strength started to go up from 4 to 8 and arrows was pointing forward. Shortly after, i heard the bogey tone alert and showed another K band led light - the audio was still a Ka band alert tone. So i looked and watch for any oncomming traffic and shortly after, i saw the local PD cruiser going the opposite way. After approximately 100 ft, the bogey counter gave me a "J" alert. There is no known auto door opener around. So far, this was my first encounter of that kind and my V1 has been flawless over the past few months when it comes to Ka band alert with no K band alert. I had it "J"ed only once with Ka band from a trooper but didn't have the K abnd alert.

Has anyone encountered this situation?

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

It is a known bug. Sometimes V1's J out real alerts & when the KA gun is right on the V1 it sometimes throws a ghost K alert.

Radar Fanatic

No it's the other way around,
    (1) A real LEO Ka will give off a second bogy Ka.
    (2) K band will give off a second bogy Ka when passing the source.
    (3) K band will give off a second bogy Ka when passing or 2-4 K band bogy's on the new ones.
    I have never had a ghost K on a Ka alert and I have over 500,000 miles on my unit.
    Anyone else?

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

Quote Originally Posted by V1 Dave
    No it's the other way around,
    (1) A real LEO Ka will give off a second bogy Ka.
    (2) K band will give off a second bogy Ka when passing the source.
    (3) K band will give off a second bogy Ka when passing or 2-4 K band bogy's on the new ones.
    I have never had a ghost K on a Ka alert and I have over 500,000 miles on my unit.
    Anyone else?
    My 1.7 throws the ghost K when you are on top of a KA.

I haven't seen an actual K band gun being used in my state for many years. Two weekends ago, on a well know rural intersate with no K alerts ever, I am approaching the top of a small grade hill when K starts alerting. Odd, I thought. Decided to "play" it safe. HooHaw, as I crest the hill, signal switches to strong Ka and there was LEO on the side of the road waiting. This was with my newer 1.8 POP2 unit that I'm growing wary of more and more. I installed my 9 year old V1 in my wifes driver and I'm about to sneak a trade with her due to what seems to be a shorter Ka alert from front and the ever annoying J alert on this newer version I've had for about 8 months now.

Could this K detect be the same as you are discussing. I'm 100% it was only the one signal as when the Ka took over, the qty never changed from 1 that I saw.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Just Right

Could this K detect be the same as you are discussing. I'm 100% it was only the one signal as when the Ka took over, the qty never changed
    from 1 that I saw.
    In this particular encounter, i got the Ka band alert first before the K band alert showed up but the audio alert was still Ka.