Newcomer

Default New V1 - Bogey Counter Brightness

What is expected on the brightness of the bogey display? Mine appears to be low day or night when displaying 'A' for all bogeys and I also noticed that in general the brightness is low for all of the display?

I read the manual where is talks about the brightness is automatically matched to ambient lighting, but mine seems to be always low the only exception is on power up test sequence. I also noticed the 'A' is not 100% solid light, some fluctuation in the display.

Has anyone else having this issue?

Good Citizen

The V1 display is normally very bright. It does adapt to ambient light but it's still bright, even at night. That's one of the reasons a lot of people use the concealed display.

It sounds like it may be your power connection, especially if the display fluctuates or flickers. If you are using the standard lighter adapter, your lighter socket may be dirty or have a loose connection.

Try it in another car. If the display still doesn't look right, you should return it to Valentine for repair/replacement.

Newcomer

I performed some additional testing as suggested by time2fly and I don't believe there is an issue. I am able to change the brightness by using a light source pointed at the sensor. It appears my car does not generate light to effect the sensor and it drops to the lowest level and stays there. At that level there is a slight (have to be really focused) flickering but I don't believe it is an issue. One interesting finding when I was moving the detector around my car, I found that I can trigger false lazer pointing the receiver at my monitor display...that was totally un-expected but It is only when I point it a short distance directly at the screen.

Radar Fanatic

the laser alert that can happen....