Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default V1 Falsed on Laser

Hey there, Im Mike. I've been roaming around the forum for about a month or two now, just didn't think of making a profile 'til now. Anyways, last night (on my way home from the movie theatre) I pulled into the local movie gallery/ice cream parlor and all of a sudden my V1 goes off with the laser LED on and the 3 lines. [Note: it was 11pm and no one in site of the large parking lot]. So im in front of the store and i notice there are neon lights in the window. Im parked about 10 feet from the entrance. I decided to pull out and the laser stops. So then I go back to the parking spot but this time backwards..sure enough, laser again. So I guess this post is mostly about watching out for neon lights becuase they make the v1 false (unless maybe it was something else in the window?) I dont know, anyways...hope this helps!

Lead Foot

Neon lights are known to make the V1 false on laser.

Also, I have found when the setting sun is cast through distant trees (creating pinpoint light) my V1 will false-ID that as laser too...

Considering both probably exhibit the same qualities of laser, its nothing to worry about, just something to remember.

R.R.

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

Welcome!

Neon lights do cause laser falses. It happens.

Old Timer

Trailblazer breaklights will cause the v1 to false, as well as some cruis controls.

UDF signs also make the v1 false.

Good Citizen

some of the lights on car does too. like the infinti fx-55.. laser went off every few mintues when i was behind it and when it was behind me

V1 Zombie

All light that fall's into the V1's laser lens coverage will false it everytime. Dont worrie even the hard core bell boys will agree with me that the V1 has the best laser detection money can buy. No way around the falses buddy other than replacing it with a Rx65

Scratonicity Groupie

sons of beeps in there Infinitys... I had an old fart this past weekend in stop & go traffic with his cruise control on that was making my V1 go just nuts. I got to so tired of it I just hit the first exit took a break and let him get far far away!

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    Trailblazer breaklights will cause the v1 to false, as well as some cruis controls.

UDF signs also make the v1 false.
    Yeh, I seen this too. A few of the newer SUVs seem to do this.

This reminds me, awhile back I forgot I had left my Nikon SB-800 flash in my car and ran out to get it. I whipped it out of its case and just for the hell of it, I turned on the modeling light and the v1 went off! (The modeling illuminator is sort of a pulsing light, intended to show you where the shadows are when doing flash photography.) Seems any kind of fast-blinking light (invisible or not) can set it off... a testament to why the V1s false but also revealing their sensitivity.

Newcomer

Mine gets set off by many things including my radio remote control. I use that to make sure I have rear laser visibility... Good testing tool.

Power User

Yes, radar detectors do false on Neon Lights. I have video of this and will be posting it up. The video was shot at night. I was looking for laser and it went off while I was waiting in the parking lot.