Good Citizen

Default V1 update by 2006 - J bug fix & some information

Talked to VR the other day while on the road - experienced the J bug twice, once when passing a NY State Trooper who left KA on while giving a ticket to someone, and again later when passing 2 Troopers who left their KA on while pulling someone over -- this time it "J"unked out only 1 source, but kept displaying the other signal.

I was told they're testing/working on a fix, and it should be ready by the end of December. Asked if it would be free, they said if it's just to fix the problem with J, yes, but if they add any new features to the unit with the update, they would charge for that, and this has been the case in the past as well with fixes, etc.. They said to call back after Xmas time and inquire.
    -- EDIT -- also asked whether or not the update would appear by punching in your serial # on V1 website, and they said most likely not, just to call and check.

Also inquired about whether the unit will UN-"J"unk a signal after a certain amount of time, or should we be turning it off/on when we spot a false "J"unking -- they said if the signal disappears for 30 seconds or so without re-appearing, the unit will un-"J"unk it.
    ---> I actually had the occasion to test this last night and it's true! I had a RMR or some other crap unit behind me in heavy traffic, and it would every minute or so emit a strong KA blast for 5-6 seconds. The V1 would alert for 3-4 seconds then "J"unk it out. Then maybe a minute or so later, it would come back, and the V1 would re-"J"unk it out.

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

Default Re: V1 update by 2006 - J bug fix & some information

Quote Originally Posted by guardian
    I had a RMR or some other crap unit behind me in heavy traffic, and it would every minute or so emit a strong KA blast for 5-6 seconds. The V1 would alert for 3-4 seconds then "J"unk it out. Then maybe a minute or so later, it would come back, and the V1 would re-"J"unk it out.
    If it was emitting something it was not a RMR junk jammer.

Radar Fanatic

could have been, them things arnt fcc approved and jam satelites up!

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

Oh no! The cops are pulling me over. I am shaking my RMR jammer in anger!

Radar Fanatic

may be there is a reason why rmr dont work......

rocky mountain radar.....

if they are made up the rocky mountain, then they are getting bashed to bits on the way down!

rmr the bashed to bits radar!