Good Citizen

Default Remoting V1 laser sensors (only)

Is it possible to extend the laser sensor from a V1 outside the case for those cases where you want to mount it behind something that wouldn't block radar much but would block IR?
    Are there any tutorials online on how to do it? How long could this practically be before noise pickup and voltage drop become problematic?

Power User

Default Re: Remoting V1 laser sensors (only)

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfut View Post
    Is it possible to extend the laser sensor from a V1 outside the case for those cases where you want to mount it behind something that wouldn't block radar much but would block IR?
    Are there any tutorials online on how to do it? How long could this practically be before noise pickup and voltage drop become problematic?
    Don't worry about blocking your laser sensor. Its worthless. You won't pick up laser until your shot and then it talks about .25 of a second to get your speed.

Radar Fanatic

Yeah, totally not worth it.

And the laser sensor has something to do with the auto-dim display.

Good Citizen

I did not know that the sensor also ran the auto-dim.

But I have seen repeated many, many times on this forum that laser detection is useless ("get a jammer" says everyone). I have to say that I feel as if I have been saved by laser detection several times. Now, maybe the officer just decided not to write me a ticket, or I wasn't going fast enough to warrant him pulling me over (though in most cases I was going 70-75 on a 55 or 65 road). I get a laser alert and slow down, and I have never gotten a ticket with a laser gun when I had my RD in my car.

I recently got a laser ticket, but I was in a rental (where I wouldn't have been able to have any other devices aside from maybe a suction cup mount RD), and I stupidly didn't have my RD up.

But at least for me, in my experience, laser warnings serve some purpose.

Banned

X2, we all can be extremists at times. Though the rule is "No RD will save you from laser" we tend to forget the many exceptions that does save you.

But in the end putting allot of work into Removing V1 laser sensors will not only be time consuming they may not work anymore. So just buy a sensitive cheep Jammer.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CJR238 View Post
    X2, we all can be extremists at times. Though the rule is "No RD will save you from laser" we tend to forget the many exceptions that does save you.

But in the end putting allot of work into Removing V1 laser sensors will not only be time consuming they may not work anymore. So just buy a sensitive cheep Jammer.
    Why would you give that advice? If it doesn't jam well, it's just giving you a false sense of security?

Save up and buy something that protects your car.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clay_in_Nashville View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CJR238 View Post

Why would you give that advice? If it doesn't jam well, it's just giving you a false sense of security?

Save up and buy something that protects your car.
    Yes, but that’s exactly what he’s asking by extending the laser sensor from a V1.

Radar Fanatic

I did not know that the sensor also ran the auto-dim.

But I have seen repeated many, many times on this forum that laser detection is useless ("get a jammer" says everyone). I have to say that I feel as if I have been saved by laser detection several times. Now, maybe the officer just decided not to write me a ticket, or I wasn't going fast enough to warrant him pulling me over (though in most cases I was going 70-75 on a 55 or 65 road). I get a laser alert and slow down, and I have never gotten a ticket with a laser gun when I had my RD in my car.

I recently got a laser ticket, but I was in a rental (where I wouldn't have been able to have any other devices aside from maybe a suction cup mount RD), and I stupidly didn't have my RD up.

Funny. I just wrote this two minutes ago: http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...tml#post642314