Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: V-1 thebest?

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by carlito
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    When i returned mine I got nothin but crap for it....

Sethy what do you mean bye just getting crap did they not give you the full return cash? on it. the new up to date v1s that are being shipped are still comeing out with the bugs they HAVE NOT BEEN FIXED YET! :? the reason i say this because my friend has a one week old v1 that is under the 30 day return plan still and he has allready talked about returning his v1 :shock: I just think that the older verison of the v1 1.8 with out PoP detection and the euro mode WAS better no bugs there 8) but then again no PoP mode
    I haven't had a single "J" on a real KA band since i been using my unit. Got it a little over 2 weeks ago from VR. I encounter many KA and no "J" on real KA....yet

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ryce4u
    I haven't had a single "J" on a real KA band since i been using my unit. Got it a little over 2 weeks ago from VR. I encounter many KA and no "J" on real KA....yet
    Same here! No "J-ing" out of a real Ka alert in 3 months, and I have encountered at close range all 3 Ka frquencies used in the US.

I just wonder if it isn't a hardware issue rather than software, because not all the V1s are doing it. Component tolerances in the receiver could be causing the overload.

GTO_04

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_04
    Quote Originally Posted by ryce4u
    Same here! No "J-ing" out of a real Ka alert in 3 months, and I have encountered at close range all 3 Ka frquencies used in the US.

I just wonder if it isn't a hardware issue rather than software, because not all the V1s are doing it. Component tolerances in the receiver could be causing the overload.

GTO_04

well i got mine at the end of july and its s\\w is the same as yours. i had to encounter at least 10-12 ka alerts before my v1 J'd out a real ka source, an leo obviously. I truly believe that it was other people's v1's until i experience it for myself. Since july, I have experienced 4 J'd alerts, 1 of them being a real leo. so this definately is not a hardware issue. Just give your v1 some time and it will come....The good part is that it is very rare, cause 1 false J'd alert since end of July isn't too bad. Still though, the v1 i originally used (my friends) was a pre-pop back in spring break '04 and it was FLAWLESS, and thats why i bought this thing, so they need to refine it and make it flawless once more.. :wink:

Lead Foot

On the V-1, I know the X-band can be shut off but can you also shut out another band 2-bands? this would be the K-band so then you would have the KA and Laser active. :shock:

Professional

yes you can