Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: V-1 thebest?

Lead Foot

Default V-1 thebest?

So is the Valentine One worth its price of $400.+ dollars?

Yoda of Radar

sure...

Yoda of Radar

So um... IBTL?

:?

Yoda of Radar

Worth every penny. BUT do yourself a favor call them and tell them you want a returned one. You get a new unit that someone else SUPOSEDLY returned for $350! :shock:

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by davekr
    Worth every penny. BUT do yourself a favor call them and tell them you want a returned one. You get a new unit that someone else SUPOSEDLY returned for $350! :shock:
    thanks for the info. Do you have the conceal display if so is that worth it? After you add everything up it is $467 brand new with case and conceal display.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by LS2
    thanks for the info. Do you have the conceal display if so is that worth it? After you add everything up it is $467 brand new with case and conceal display.
    I don't have one. I would like a case but I am always using mine so there is no real purpose.

Experienced

LS2, you know you want it, so go for it! If need some more doubts then here ya go. Bell has an unknown quanity with the STi. Its value to most US users is limited unless there are some other detection advances. Only time will tell. How much time, about 4 weeks is my guess. Also, we know (or would be led to believe) that VR is working on enhancements to address the J problem. When will that be ready, hard to say. Maybe early next year. What about a v2 or V 1.9? I think everyone agrees that it will be a while yet.

So where does that leave you? Can you live without the arrows? If no, then order today or wait and see of 3.826 comes out any time soon. If yes, then wait to see of the STi raise the bar much.

As for me, I'm in the same boat. I've already mentally swallowed the cost differnce and refuse to debate in my own mind over cost differences for the product I really want. I've taken the cheaper route before with other stuff and spent alot more time debating about the choice I should have made. Luckily I won't be in position to purchase for another couple weeks, so I go to hang out until early 06 and see what shakes out.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor
    LS2, you know you want it, so go for it! If need some more doubts then here ya go. Bell has an unknown quanity with the STi. Its value to most US users is limited unless there are some other detection advances. Only time will tell. How much time, about 4 weeks is my guess. Also, we know (or would be led to believe) that VR is working on enhancements to address the J problem. When will that be ready, hard to say. Maybe early next year. What about a v2 or V 1.9? I think everyone agrees that it will be a while yet.

So where does that leave you? Can you live without the arrows? If no, then order today or wait and see of 3.826 comes out any time soon. If yes, then wait to see of the STi raise the bar much.

As for me, I'm in the same boat. I've already mentally swallowed the cost differnce and refuse to debate in my own mind over cost differences for the product I really want. I've taken the cheaper route before with other stuff and spent alot more time debating about the choice I should have made. Luckily I won't be in position to purchase for another couple weeks, so I go to hang out until early 06 and see what shakes out.
    So now it is a matter when to get a V-1?...wait for improvements on V-1? the price doesn't change or go up. You said V-1 is having J problems what's that?

Founder of Stealthvation

It all depends on what you are looking for. If laser performance is important to you then yes. If you only care about radar then no
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Power User

Maybe he'll get the one I returned.