Newcomer

Default Val1 vs. K Speed Sign

On my way back from Chem lab (really boring) I took my usual route back home off of highway 99. Okay, so Im turn on to Peach Ave. (About a 10mile straight road). About a mile into my v1 goes off alerting K Band with only 1 dot in the strength signal, okay.. So i slow down to the speed limit which is 35 (25 where the sign was due to the high school speed limit thing...Note, i was going about 50) Anways, when I first got the alert, i changed my distance gauge thing to see how long i would get the alert. So there I am going 30 down the street, and finally, at 1.7 miles later the speed sign shows my speed. So then as i passed the sign, i changed my distance gauge back to 0 to see how far of an alert i would get from my rear (note, now the speed sign is facing away from me). I get the alert for 0.3 miles. Awesome.
    Of course, like anyone else that encounters a speed sign, you want to experiment as much as possible (i only had 5min before I had to be home so I only got to do one more run). Thing time I past the sign going the other way so the radar would face my rear as I passed. So I changed the distance gauge once more. 0.7 Miles it alerted me.
    Well... Verdict, V-1 OWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Yoda of Radar

I dnk how everyone gets these speedsigns on straight, level, perfect roads...

Where I live: The speed signs are in a huge dip and on a sharp curve engulfed with 200foot trees, in a cave, and behind a brick wall that you dont get by until ur right up on them so you never hear of any detector getting anywhere near 1.7mile coverage on these things.

(Maybe a little exagerated there, but the point still stands.)

Good Citizen

Default Re: Val1 vs. K Speed Sign

Quote Originally Posted by Atriety23
    On my way back from Chem lab (really boring) .
    Hey, chem lab-boring???? YOu should have taken my lab when I was a grad student, I am SURE ALL of my students looked forward to 3 hours of mixing, measuring, observing and, of course....ME

Newcomer

Default Re: Val1 vs. K Speed Sign

Hey, chem lab-boring???? YOu should have taken my lab when I was a grad student, I am SURE ALL of my students looked forward to 3 hours of mixing, measuring, observing and, of course....ME
    Yeah, this is only my first semester of college though, since I am planning on going Pre-Med (or just going my D.D.S.), I have plenty of more awesome lab adventures coming ahead. Maybe Mike V. should come out with a dectector that detects boring lab instructors. Haa

Radar Fanatic

I get 4 mile range on my V1 with K band speed signs. I have also picked up Ka band at 5 miles (Stalker ATR) and 1.8 miles (Stalker Dual SL).

GTO_04

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore
    I dnk how everyone gets these speedsigns on straight, level, perfect roads...
    thats nothing, i had a speed sign that was located on the very top of a small hill, and i was coming down a big hill through a construction area. i was sure there was a cop but no, another 2 or 3 miles down the road, i find the sign...