Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Experienced

Default Re: mutting K completely ?

Quote Originally Posted by Buz View Post
    K Band is becoming mostly a nuisance alert, like X Band, anymore here in Florida .
    Maybe in Florida, but not where I live just outside of Atlanta. The county LEO's use nothing but K Band on roads other than an interstate. A few counties over it's an entirely different story...little or no K Band with more Laser and KA.

I can't even start to count the number of times my V1 saved me on K Band here.

Maybe they should start building "regional" V1's where only certain bands are installed and others are left out for those that never travel outside their locale.

You can buy your RD like a sub sandwich at SUBWAY. "Yes...I'd like a V1 with visor clip only, hold the suction cups, hold the hard wiring, hold the thick coiled cord...also KA Band only, hold the K Band, hold the X Band, hold the Laser because it doesn't do any good if you get hit anyway. How much will a bare bones unit cost?"

V1 - "That'll be $399 plus shipping."

Buyer - "Why? I left out a lot of options and it should be cheaper."

V1 - "It is...but since you're such a pain in the arse we don't differentiate. It'll be shipped tomorrow. Each inclusion later if you want it will cost extra. Goodbye."
    Last edited by Monte1; 12-13-2009 at 12:27 PM.

Advanced Member

If K-band falses are that much of a problem I would get another radar detector like the 9500xi

OR invest in a Cheetah C100 or GPSmirror with detector interface.

With the Cheetah Products you can set city mute on so it will only alert to K-band when you are over a certain speed. Definitely a great way to make the V1 liveable in metropolitan areas

Last time I drove from denver to Vail there was lots of instant on K-band by CO troopers

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob View Post

Last time I drove from denver to Vail there was lots of instant on K-band by CO troopers

true , in the mountains i notice they do use K , that's actually where those 2 real K came from.
    But i'm not driving much in the mountains. mostly Denver/Boulder. and didn't get a single real K in 3 years...

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Buz View Post
    K Band is becoming mostly a nuisance alert, like X Band, anymore here in Florida .
    Careful, I happened across a few Orange County cars running K band this past summer on/near Disney property

Professional

This is the main reason I no longer use my V1 for city driving. My M4 Vector 995 is now my city driving detector.

V1 is strictly a highway detector where, IMHO, it is unmatched.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordV View Post
    This is the main reason I no longer use my V1 for city driving. My M4 Vector 995 is now my city driving detector.

Lucky you My v995 is a more of pain in the city than my V1.

Comparing V1 in L mode with automute and my v995 in City NoX with BELscorts Automute and my v995 is annoying

To the Original poster. What are your K-band automute settings. I have mine unmute at 4 leds (you should go with unmute at 6 leds), 30 second mute as well as I have the rear antenna turned off to K-band in l or L mode (Another thing to do if you haven't)

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

[quote=crazyVOLVOrob;649534]

To the Original poster. What are your K-band automute settings. I have mine unmute at 4 leds (you should go with unmute at 6 leds), 30 second mute as well as I have the rear antenna turned off to K-band in l or L mode (Another thing to do if you haven't)

yes i did exactly that. it sure helped . but i just wondered if there complete mute.
    i guess not

Radar Fanatic

Like I said, complete strength yes, time no.
    You said you were looking for time.

sorry not sure i understand you.
    not looking for time. i'm looking for complete mute of K simple as that.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob View Post

Lucky you My v995 is a more of pain in the city than my V1.

Comparing V1 in L mode with automute and my v995 in City NoX with BELscorts Automute and my v995 is annoying

I see the opposite. With the narrow "view" of the M4 horn, my K band false's are dramatically less than the V1 in the city.

Many of my usual V1 city K band false alerts are not even "seen" by the M4 995, making my city drive much more tolerable.