Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default I got my V1 today in Hong Kong

Hello guys

So....finally I got my V1 here. As u know, in Hong Kong the only anti-speeding devices used are Multanova 6F and LTI laser guns. The multanova functions on 34.3ghz narrow KA band, and is very low powered, 0.5mw to 0.2mw depending on its settings. Multanovas are usually pointed in the same direction as traffic flow so that it takes a reading and photo of your vehicle as u pass it.

The V1's EURO mode is specifically designed for this.

I already went out to test it, and i must say i was very impressed with it's range. It is MUCH better than my x50 by a significant margin, at least 5 times the range. For example, with the X50 i would have got 2-3 seconds waring but now i get 10-13 seconds warning

Upon testing a multanova, the speed limit was 100km/h. I was travelling 150 km/h and had no problems slowing down ontime, but quite hard braking is needed.

Few things I must mention:
    People here said the V1 was loud?? IT IS NOT! My X50 was definately louder. Only the laser siren is very loud, but the KA brap brap is soft even on full volume. The X50 was definately much louder. I dont know if my speaker is malfunctioning, but judging on the videos you guys have made, it seems fine. The brap brap on the X50 is much more sharper and ear pierceing, therefore its much louder. IF i had my windows down and music pumping at 100 km/h, i doubt i'd hear the KA tone.

The laser falses quite a lot at night in the city area because there are sooooo many multi-coloured NEON signs everywhere. This is very very annoying. My x50 never did that

Mouting the V1 very high, as opposed to low down, yielded slightly better detection.

Now i need to figure out how to hard wire.....

Old Timer

Good to hear its got some killer range. That euro mode will def give an edge on the detection if you are running against photoradar.

Dont know what to say about the laser though :?

Yoda of Radar

Happy to hear that you are satisfied with your V1...Those mulnov's are tough for any RD to detect...so even though the V1 is soming on strong with 10-13 second warnings...be smart and dont always count on that to happen!

Let us know how everything goes after a while here.

Radar Fanatic

:twisted: another v1 zombie has been born! :twisted:

Radar Fanatic

if you are getting false laser alerts from neon signs then doesnt that show you just how sensitive the laser detection is!!

i think mike has mensioned before about the neon signs that they cant anything to prevent the falses, they have been working on them for years!

I'm really pleased to hear about the good ka detection range, they say they work on receiver sensitivity obviously the weaker the signal it can detect the better the chance of an early warning!

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: I got my V1 today in Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by Dilip
    IF i had my windows down and music pumping at 100 km/h, i doubt i'd hear the KA tone.
    use headphone plugs and run it to one ear if u like ur music that loud (trust me it works!).

Radar Fanatic

good to hear you got it dilip!

worth the wait? i bet you will miss the mute function of the X50

v1 gets annoying at times... oh well.... you cant have everything

Professional

Yes, the detection is good, but i'm sure it will be different everytime.

I know the laser detection is very superior on the V1, but the false laser alerts i get in the city are really very very annoying, this is where a mute button would come in handy.

I dont want to bother with all the money/wireing needed for an external speaker, but i may look into it in the future.

f_399: Actually I never had to use the mute button on my X50 since i never got any false alerts as I only had KA and laser enabled :P But yeah....it definatley was worth the wait. It so annoying just when i want to go and find radars, they all disappeared and i only found one, where as on a normal night i'd encounter 3 or 4.

Lead Foot

Thats great to hear Dilip!! you finnally found what suits your situation best 8)

As for the X50, as we say here, its a very expensive "paperweight", but thats all its good for outside NorthAmerica :?

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos from Spain
    Thats great to hear Dilip!! you finnally found what suits your situation best 8)

As for the X50, as we say here, its a very expensive "paperweight", but thats all its good for outside NorthAmerica :?
    Hey, Carlos!
    Welcome!
    What are you using currently (I forget easily)?