Power User

Default Huge K band false today

Today I installed my Blinder M27, , and I was heading to school and for a duration of 60 blocks or so, a long long ways, I was getting 1-3 bogeys on K band at about half strength average. I was thinking that the install must have done something to interfere, such as the guy with that garage thing in his SUV.

I turned off the Blinder, nothing.
    So I moved my sunglasses that were by the V1, nothing.
    I removed the EZ pass next to the V1, nothing.
    I turned off the V1, reconnected the cable, nothing.

I was stunned, but I had a feeling it must have been a car trailing me a few cars back. Looking, looking and I see a new Audi Q7. The arrows kept changing front to back during the duration. As soon as the Q7 too the split on the highway the other way the K band false stopped.

Morale of the story, the Q7's emit K band false from what I experienced.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Huge K band false today

Quote Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
    Today I installed my Blinder M27, , and I was heading to school and for a duration of 60 blocks or so, a long long ways, I was getting 1-3 bogeys on K band at about half strength average. I was thinking that the install must have done something to interfere, such as the guy with that garage thing in his SUV.

I was stunned, but I had a feeling it must have been a car trailing me a few cars back. Looking, looking and I see a new Audi Q7. The arrows kept changing front to back during the duration. As soon as the Q7 too the split on the highway the other way the K band false stopped.

Could you convet that to miles?

Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post

Could you convet that to miles?
    Generally a city block is .1 miles so 10 blocks to one mile so about 6 miles if he was referencing city blocks

Good Citizen

I had a similar experience with my v1 and an audi, like the week I installed it. False K rear arrow while they followed me almost all the way to the grocery store... I knew it was them because it disappeared for a bit when they had to wait for a gap on a left turn then it was back when I stopped at the next light.

Newcomer

I had a similar experience with a Mercedes. I can't remember which model but I believe it was either an E or S class.

Lead Foot

I was driving today and an audi a5 (i think) passed me, and RIGHT after he passed me i got a full K band hit on my v1 from the rear. I couldn't drive back to see if there was a cop, but ive never seen one setup before where I got hit with K-band. I thought it was i/o K at first.. but this audi thing seems to make more sense to me. Wonder if he had his reverse camera on or something. Anyone have any ideas?

Experienced

I had a s class 550 give me false k band... now i find out that it is built into the mirrors for telling the driver if someone is in the blind spot.

Radar Fanatic

I got 7 falses out of a Q7 a few months ago, poor b@st@rd had no idea why I kept circling him on the empty road.

Newcomer

yup i've gotten false k's from Q7's and false k's from S550's