Default V1 Upgrade question

I have no problems and love my V1!

When I sent my old V1 in and got it upgraded, I thought I was going to get the same one back. When I received it I realized the serial number was different.

Is this normal?

Speed Demon
    Mars Command and Control

Default Re: V1 Upgrade question

Yes, If you noticed during the serial upgrade on V1's website you will see that if it is old enough they tell you they will switch it out with a new off the factory floor model instead of just going through the upgrade process with your old one.
    They are just giving you credit for the older model toward the purchase of a newer one.
    So your old one may be worth 200 bucks. They require you to pay 200 to get the latest model.
    So you just get a discount on the purchase of a new model.

No, it is not normal - most people would not realize that the serial number was different.
    If you mean is it normal that VR changed the serial number on your unit or, more probably, sent you a different unit, the answer depends upon what version of the unit you started with. Sometimes the upgrades are purely internal, and sometimes an upgrade will require a different case altogether. I doubt but am not sure that the former would get a new serial number, while the latter would surely get one.
    For example, when Laser detection was first added, the case was changed to add about a quarter inch in height. Later upgrades eliminated the extra height. In each such instance, you would get a new case, and I presume a new serial number.
    If you mean is it normal that you love your V1 and have no problems with it, then yes, that is normal.

I got my V1 back one time with a different serial number, they sent me the V1 of someone else by mistake.

I guess it would be in my best interest on monday to call and just verify then. I don't mind that it is a different unit, but I want to make sure I didn't get someone elses by mistake.

Radar Fanatic
    East Bay Ca

Only 1.7 units are replaced with new units because the case and guts are entirely different.

Serial numbers are changed for identification of hardware version, POP, Euro, etc.

They all look new coming back because they commonly replace the scratched antenna covers and basically clean them up.

Best bet is to call and see