Experienced

Default V1 gives great laser warning.

On Christmas Eve morning I was on I-285 in Atlanta, doing 73-74mph in a 55 zone when the V1 gave a laser warning. There was moderate traffic and I was pretty much going with the flow at that point.

After the V1 alerted I glanced around and didn't see anything, but went ahead and tapped the brakes and got down to about 68mph. At that point the the Blinder M27 started alerting to a laser hit. A few seconds later I spotted a cop on the right hand side of the road, parked with his door about halfway open, car facing away from traffic. He was sitting sideways in the seat, and leaning out of the door shooting back down the interstate. He kept shooting me until the M27 shut down on it's own after 7 seconds, at which point I was probably 50 to 75 yards from him.

There were 4 to 5 seconds between the time the V1 started alerting and the M27 kicked in, and there was another couple of seconds after the M27 shut down before I actually passed the cop. Based on my speed, I'd say the V1 alerted to laser scatter at least 1200 feet away. Very impressive.

Edit. I'll also add the V1 is mounted beside the rearview mirror (driver's side) behind a moderately dark tint strip (non-metallic).
    Last edited by steve f; 12-28-2009 at 07:15 AM.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: V1 gives great laser warning.

Nice, with laser the farther you are away the better chance you will get scatter because the beam is wider. So at 1200ft you have alot better chance of getting a laser scatter alert than at 200ft.

Speed Demon

The V1 really has no competition when it comes to dash mounted laser warnings. Make sure you shut your jammer off when you get down to PSL so the cop gets a reading.

Old Timer

Seven seconds is way too long and kinnda defeats the purpose of autokill. For that particular experience, 2-3 seconds would have been plenty.

Lead Foot

Awesome. I can't wait for my trip back up to Boston from CT. I'm in the process of installing my LI setup and I'm hoping to test it out with some LEO's. I've had the V1 for a year, and still not a single LEO to test out the Laser. Plenty of automatic K-radar doors though.. ugh

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ELVATO View Post
    Seven seconds is way too long and kinnda defeats the purpose of autokill. For that particular experience, 2-3 seconds would have been plenty.
    X2^. No harm in just cutting it off when you have slowed down and minimising the risk of hassle from the LEO.

Other than that, it sounds like you had a great scatter detection with your V1

Here's one I had last year here...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgIHZPLWgAk"]YouTube - V1 laser scatter detection[/ame]

It wasn't a save as I was only going @ PSL at the time but it was impressive at the time and might be similar to yours...