Good Citizen

Default K band floating....

I dont know what everyone has experienced with the 1.8v V1, but I have had more issues with this design than my previous units.

When I first recieved my 1.8v 3.695 software, two weeks later the unit became blind in detection. Sent the unit in and fixed the unit.

I then last year decided to upgrade my old thin non-laser 95 unit to the 1.8v POP 3.818 software unit. 10 months later (Oct) the unit just stop picking the local field disturbance (automatic doors) sensors. I ran my Bel Vector LR and notice it stop picking up the upper K band. Unit fixed.

Now my previous non-POP V1 has the same problem.I guess off to V1 CS it goes.

Radar Fanatic

well your v1's are fairly old and vr does say that after a while things get out of tune. it would be better if it had something to let you know its not functioning correctly as x50's have the "service" message.

Radar Fanatic

Bet they fixed it and sent it back every time for free.
    I have yet to hear of someone being charged the $45 repair charge.
    When my 95 unit came back from it's 97 gut swap upgrade K band was almost dead.
    A front arrow light went intermittent in 99' converted to new band ID for $75.
    03/05 laser got stuck on but I think I did it by taking it apart too many times. Stopped doing that.
    I personally think a 1.7 or a 1.8 non POP is a better unit, much less glitches, less laser falsing with a 1.7 as well.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by TeamQuack
    well your v1's are fairly old and vr does say that after a while things get out of tune. it would be better if it had something to let you know its not functioning correctly as x50's have the "service" message.
    Well I did have my 1.7v for 4yrs and sold it without one problem ever. And the 1.5v (I think it was) only had the first LED on the threat meter.

As for the 1.8v non-POP, this would be a 2nd problem since ownership.