Just found this board the other day...great site! I currently have a Bel Vector 985 and its about time to update. I'm really leaning towards the V1 unless the new STi Driver is just off the charts or something.
I'm a big fan of the Vaentine philosphy, i.e., making firmware and even hardware updates an option. Even if it costs a bit of $$, this is a heck of a lot better than saying "buy our new model", aka Bel/Escort.
Some questions for you V1 experts out there:
(1) How many hardware updates has the V1 had over the years? Trying to determine how often a hardware update would be necessary.
(2) How often on average do firmware updates become available?
(3) I've heard that Valentine has great customer service - how long does it take on average to send your detector in, get it updated, and get it back?
(4) The following are my "gee I wish" from Valentine. Would these all be delivered via firmware updates? Would hardware updates be necessary for any of them?
- AutoMute without hitting button
- Dark Mode (no LEDs light up)
- Invisible to SpectreIII
(5) How was the Ka range improvement update handled a while back? Was that a hardware update, firmware update, or both?
Thanks for any answers!