Experienced

Default Upgrading to version 872

So,
    I read that 872 has updated temperature compensation, which implies to me it isn't software only. Does that mean I couldn't get my V1 upgraded to it? Living in Phoenix, I did notice a difference in the summer and tried to remember to bring it into the office during the day.

I actually need to send mine in for a repair/checkup, since it fell onto concrete. I haven't used it since then, so I may be in luck but suspect a trip to Ohio is in its future. I was thinking that if I can request the upgrade to 872 I will...

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Upgrading to version 872

I don't see why not. 3.872 was a hardware upgrade. They apparently changed vendors or something like that.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by gig103 View Post
    So,
    I read that 872 has updated temperature compensation, which implies to me it isn't software only. Does that mean I couldn't get my V1 upgraded to it? Living in Phoenix, I did notice a difference in the summer and tried to remember to bring it into the office during the day.

I actually need to send mine in for a repair/checkup, since it fell onto concrete. I haven't used it since then, so I may be in luck but suspect a trip to Ohio is in its future. I was thinking that if I can request the upgrade to 872 I will...
    May not be a bad idea, the cost will be around $ 150.00 or so to get the upgrade.....good luck!!

Radar Fanatic

in my opinion it was not just a vendor change they changed the way the antenna works because they don't ghost almost at all ( i have not heard of a 872 actually ghosting) and you can tell they did this because they remove the resistor on the front lens that was used ( if I remember right) for a lobe problem in the antenna. I might wait a few more months and upgrade just because.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by languy99 View Post
    in my opinion it was not just a vendor change they changed the way the antenna works because they don't ghost almost at all ( i have not heard of a 872 actually ghosting) and you can tell they did this because they remove the resistor on the front lens that was used ( if I remember right) for a lobe problem in the antenna. I might wait a few more months and upgrade just because.
    I see now.

On a side note, my 3.864 used to be pretty darn solid, up until a few weeks ago. Now the thing ghosts like crazy and it was given a check-up in November.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by languy99 View Post
    They still ghost, just less