Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3.864 vs 3.619

Good Citizen

Default 3.864 vs 3.619

Ok, well I just got a V1 from someone and let me tell you, wow so much different then my older one.

Few questions.

1) What doe J mean?

2) The 3.864 goes off like crazy, I mean it's always running and picking up x and k, do you guys tune these out or what? I mean i drive 15 miles to work and it never shut up.

3) I ran both models side by side and the .619 doesn't go off nearly as bad, that being said the 3.864 did pick up a Ka 10 seconds sooner then the 3.619 and it was a cop. So was glad it did that.

Anyone have any suggestions? I think this has been talked about before, but not sure where the thread is. I live in Houston if it matters...

Thanks experts!

Newcomer

Default Re: 3.864 vs 3.619

Quote Originally Posted by Domsz06 View Post
    Ok, well I just got a V1 from someone and let me tell you, wow so much different then my older one.

Few questions.

1) What doe J mean?

2) The 3.864 goes off like crazy, I mean it's always running and picking up x and k, do you guys tune these out or what? I mean i drive 15 miles to work and it never shut up.

3) I ran both models side by side and the .619 doesn't go off nearly as bad, that being said the 3.864 did pick up a Ka 10 seconds sooner then the 3.619 and it was a cop. So was glad it did that.

Anyone have any suggestions? I think this has been talked about before, but not sure where the thread is. I live in Houston if it matters...

Thanks experts!
    J means junk, probably from a cheap radar. You can tune out k and x band through the settings. Make sure your area doesn't still use any of the bands before you tune them out. You could try Big L mode it will determine if the x and k is a threat before it alerts I think. Just go to v1 site to see how to program your v1. Hope that helps.

Radar Fanatic

Until you know what's used in your area, make sure all bands are turned on. Has the 3.619 been sent to VR to make sure it's working properly?

Good Citizen

sending in the 3.619 in a few days. It has saved me many times, but now compared to the new one it's no comparison.

I'm not sure if x or k are used in this area. I do know that when I ran it in L or little L it didn't matter, it was counting things like crazy, normally running between 7 and 9....

snoopyc4

Quote Originally Posted by Domsz06 View Post
    I'm not sure if x or k are used in this area.
    In Houston, X band is almost non-existent. K band on the other hand is almost used as much as Ka band so DO NOT turn off K band. I recommend running the V1 in little l mode. Also, turn POP off. That will reduce the number of J-outs.

BTW do you have a laser jammer system?

Good Citizen

Thanks Snoopy.

I think I'll turn off X. and turn off pop then. I don't get a lot of J's but do get some.

I dont' have a laser jammer yet. Going to get an LI, but need to put some more money into my house before I drop the money on the jammer.

I ran it in Big L the last two days and that helps. What I don't get is when I leave my neighborhood I get 3-4 bogy's. There are zero doors or anything around. What in the world is it picking up?

snoopyc4

Is the entrance to your neighborhood gated?

Good Citizen

No,

But i was reading on the site about drones and how garage transmitors transmit in x.... so maybe that's it.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post
    Until you know what's used in your area, make sure all bands are turned on.

How do you find out what's being used in your area?

snoopyc4

Quote Originally Posted by AFineRide View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post
    Until you know what's used in your area, make sure all bands are turned on.

How do you find out what's being used in your area?
    http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...-8-6-09-a.html

And by driving around with your RD of course.