I drive a lot and I enjoy driving but I am totally new to this 'hobby'. I was debating between V1 and 9500xi and I decided on V1. After a week of using it I have some observations I'd like to share. I am sure it's all been biten to death but still.
- Almost no falses on highways.
- Many falses in cities. Mostly on K (WA) and X (Vancouver, BC). However I got couple of possible laser falses.
- V1 is a very sensitive and precision device. As far as I can see falses look different and I hope this is possible to learn how to read alerts and distinguish falses.
- I am amazed how many LEO are checking the speed. Just today on my way from Vancouver to Seattle V1 detected 3 or 4 traps. One was interesting as I think it was a car following me with some distance and doing Ka IO and then at the same time I got a new weak but steady growing Ka alert in front. I saw a police car in about 1km.
- Arrows and bogey counter provide very informative view. I do not think it would be possible to understand the situation I just described without them.
- I like observing and I enjoy playing with V1. Arrows and the counter make it even more fun!