Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default Shipping on Valentine Accessories! RIP OFF!

Well, just imagine how impressed I am to find the cheapest shipping for a $10 windshield mount to Canada is $68!

I emailed them last week to enquire if this is a mistake or is there another way.

No response!

Since L.I. cleaned up it's approach to customer service, it just leaves Valentine. When you take into account Brunhilda's charming phone manners?

I nominate Valentine for the Kremlin Award for KGB - inspired customer service.

Their motto?

"You veel take vhat vee geeve you, and you veel shut up, or die perhaps, no?"

Lead Foot

Default Re: Shipping on Valentine Accessories! RIP OFF!

Try Ebay, or Craigslist. Maybe they would have what you're looking for??

Or have someone you know buy what you need and ship it to you. Not sure what Valentine charges to ship accessories in the US, but it will likely be cheaper than what you were quoted from the company.

Newcomer

I just bought a windshield mount from them, and First Class USPS shipping was free. I'm know it's more expensive to ship anything across an international border, but that seems a bit steep for something weighs only a few ounces.

Speed Demon

Yeah, I've bought lotsa stuff to ship from down there to up here, and even well packaged, big, heavy stuff just doesn't cost like this.

Good suggestion, NOS', so have it redirected from a US friend. I'll try that if flea-bay turns up nothing.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TnSquire View Post
    I just bought a windshield mount from them, and First Class USPS shipping was free. I'm know it's more expensive to ship anything across an international border, but that seems a bit steep for something weighs only a few ounces.

Radar Fanatic

Is Valentine charging the rate or the shipping carrier?

Banned

Is it UPS or USPS? USP cross border rates are outrageous compared to the postal service.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
    Is it UPS or USPS? USP cross border rates are outrageous compared to the postal service.

EXACTLY....willing to bet V1 makes almost zero profit on shipping

Speed Demon

Well, they offer Fed ex, and an up-scale version of Fed Ex (overnight or 2 day?).

They offer USPS, within the US for reasonable rates, or so it seems to me.

Unlike others who ship to Canada from the US, they don' t offer USPS to Canada.

Maybe they're not making any money on shipping... maybe.

I just wonder why they don't/won't'/can't offer USPS to Canada like everybody else.

For comparison, let me say I bought my first Bel Rx 65 from Amazon.com. Shipping was $54, and it took 2 or 3 weeks.

Then I discovered this bulletin board. My next RX 65 (for my girlfriend) came from Roy.

I think shipping was something like $14, or $21 bucks. And the thing came in 3 days!!!

Three days!

So... you know, that's why I made the joke about the Kremlin award for KGB style customer service. If you care about your customers feeling resentful... I mean, it's a pretty easy and obvious thing to ensure you're offering reasonable shipping options if they're available.

Thanks for listening to my rant, guys. And for the suggested solutions.

This forum never ceases to deliver -- and at reasonable rates, too, I might add!

;-)

V1 Zombie

You know my mount's tongue broke a while back. The dude over here want's $50 for a new one F that! So what i have done is put a little bit of zip lock on the side of the V1 so it sits on the slide channel where the mount slides/fixes into. This works like a charm holds the V1 in place. Ruff yes but works.

Banned

My experience when I owned and ran a large mail order based business was UPS usually had packages slide right through custom with no delay, and at most 1-2 days. The USPS, I would see packages take 1-2 days and sometimes 2-3 weeks to clear customs! Of course there were exceptions with both shippers, but that was my overall experience.

Who got the blame, the complaints and charge backs? Not the postal service, but my company. Imagine someone filing a charge back which takes your time and money to dispute, and then 2 weeks later they get the package! This is often after they've gone on some web forums and trashed your company for something which wasn't your fault --- and 95% of the time they would not follow up on trashing your company and admit they were wrong for accusing you of not shipping it (even when you supplied a tracking #!).

So, it can sometimes be a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation for companies shipping cross border, especially with USP because they use distance/zone based shipping prices. Frankly, we hated Canadian shipping, because we knew there was a higher than normal chance of a complaint no matter how we handled it. And if we choose not to ship to Canada, people would probably complain about that as well.