Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Will V1 Ever Be RDD Proof?

hi all, newb here.

does anyone know if there are plans to make the V1 RDD proof? i live in Virginia, one of the very few states where an Radar Detector is illegal. the Passport 9500 xi/ci seem to be great products, as does the STi, but i would really prefer a V1.

any ideas, thoughts, info is appreciated.

oh my it just occured to me that i should have done a search before posting. if this is a subject already broached, please forgive this redundacy...thanks

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Will V1 Ever Be RDD Proof?

This has been talked about for years and so far, nothing out of VR. It seems as if Mike Valentine has retired from the innovation game. The STi has been out since 2005 and since then, the V1 has become easier to detect via Spectre, not harder. It appears that this niche market is not worth VR's time.

Professional
    west coast of the ___American Corporatocracy___ X-band is alive-deadly-expensive

Quote Originally Posted by laserphobic View Post
    hi all, newb here.

does anyone know if there are plans to make the V1 RDD proof? i live in Virginia, one of the very few states where an Radar Detector is illegal. the Passport 9500 xi/ci seem to be great products, as does the STi, but i would really prefer a V1.

oh my it just occured to me that i should have done a search before posting. if this is a subject already broached, please forgive this redundacy...thanks
    not in the forseeable future
    Belscort are your only options

Welcome to the Forum

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    This has been talked about for years and so far, nothing out of VR. It seems as if Mike Valentine has retired from the innovation game. The STi has been out since 2005 and since then, the V1 has become easier to detect via Spectre, not harder. It appears that this niche market is not worth VR's time.
    yes, i had considered the lack of market share to be a detriment to VR's development plans. a real shame, i have been a huge fan of this product for a very long time.

thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGoat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserphobic View Post
    hi all, newb here.

not in the forseeable future
    Belscort are your only options

Welcome to the Forum
    on the bright side, not bad options at all. i appreciate your thoughts.

Experienced

This thread sparked me to email V1 again to see if anything new is on the horizon. The answer of today is: SSDD.

Dear Sir:

Thanks for your email.

We are working on ways to combat the Spectre but do not have a fix as of yet.

Of course, whenever we do something new, we post the results on our website at www.valentine1.com. We are also the only ones in the industry who do hardware and software upgrades. Please stay tuned.

Cordially,

Pete Kaufman
    Sales Department

Speed Demon

Hopefully, this means they're working on something. Only fix right now is to be careful on the rare occasions I drive in VA. Which so far has been, um, never.

Professional

They have said that they have been working on it since I joined this forum. They were probably "working" on it before then. I'm going to have to say no, we will not see a spectre immune v1 anytime soon.

Lead Foot

Is the reason they haven't made a RDD proof V1 due to patents from Belscort? Or does this not have anything to do with it?

Radar Fanatic

No. There will never be any new features added to the V1. It is what it is.