Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default V1 remote display.

I got my remote display for my V1 and no place to put it. the ugly plug comes out the side so it cant go near my ci display and its so deep and i have so many angles it wont sit flat...

Any suggestions?

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: V1 remote display.

Can you please provide a picture in the day light? It's hard to see the dash area with the current photo.

Radar Fanatic

NM, I see you have an 08 TL, I'm googling for some dash photos....

Radar Fanatic

I can't find a good photo of the top steering column cover, but that's where I would put the concealed display, you can always still a small hole in it to route the cable so everything is nice and flush.

If your CI display is there, maybe movie a bit and add the V1 display next to it.

You don't want to mount the CD anywhere where it's visible. (defeats the purpose)

Banned

I'm thinking on my steering column. In front of the spedo, not perfect but should work. Cant use the Velcro they send it looks stupid sitting on that little thing.

Newcomer

3M makes a low-profile double-sided tape. That's what I used to mount the CD in the instrument panel of my SportTrac. Seems to work well. The downside is that, once installed, it's not so easy to remove.

Radar Fanatic

I have my concealed display mounted to my steering column like you suggested you might do. Here's a pic...

It does block my speedometer a bit but the camera angle makes it look worse than it is and I don't see myself driving at less than 20KMH for too long in any event . I can also read the LCD display behind it fine from my driving position.

If you look closely, you can see that it is mounted using some velcro I bought in a shop here. It has a sticky side but the only way to get it to stick properly is to use some cyano based glue to mount the velcro to both the steering column and the bottom of the C/D.

I would suggest sticking the softer side of the velcro to the S/C and the raspy side to the C/D as the raspy side will collect dirt and pieces of any cloth you may dust the area down with at a later stage.

The cyano may leave some minor white staining so be aware of that if you choose to proceed with this method .

I have mine installed this way so that if I ever get pulled over, I can remove the C/D instantly in case a LEO might spot it while talking to me by the side window etc. Had no issues so far .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by corkguykev View Post
    I have my concealed display mounted to my steering column like you suggested you might do. Here's a pic...

It does block my speedometer a bit but the camera angle makes it look worse than it is and I don't see myself driving at less than 20KMH for too long in any event . I can also read the LCD display behind it fine from my driving position.

If you look closely, you can see that it is mounted using some velcro I bought in a shop here. It has a sticky side but the only way to get it to stick properly is to use some cyano based glue to mount the velcro to both the steering column and the bottom of the C/D.

I would suggest sticking the softer side of the velcro to the S/C and the raspy side to the C/D as the raspy side will collect dirt and pieces of any cloth you may dust the area down with at a later stage.

The cyano may leave some minor white staining so be aware of that if you choose to proceed with this method .

I have mine installed this way so that if I ever get pulled over, I can remove the C/D instantly in case a LEO might spot it while talking to me by the side window etc. Had no issues so far .
    Thanks, this is the only easy place, but same as you, im concerned if I ever get pulled over. So this is where it will be till i can figure out another place. Ill cover it with something if i get pulled over.
    Will only obstruct my error message display and since its an Acura nothing really happens to it.

Also noticed the display on the V1 still lights up when first started. Guess some electrical tape will fix that.

Speed Demon

I saw a pic where one was placed right above your navi, I just dont know where it is.....either way though....the inside of you car looks like a space shuttle cockpit with all those lights haha, pretty cool!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Char1iebrown View Post
    I saw a pic where one was placed right above your navi, I just dont know where it is.....either way though....the inside of you car looks like a space shuttle cockpit with all those lights haha, pretty cool!
    Ya i got allot of stuff in there. I may install it in one of my flip up holders near my shifter at some point, needs some red there to break it up.