Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arrow Problems

Good Citizen

Question Arrow Problems

The V1 is working like a charm but I did notice the other day when I passed a COP on a back road that when I passed him the arrows indicating he was behind me didn't work. It still made the sounds but only the middle arrow lit up.

Anyone else have this problem before? So it appears the rear arrow is not working and only forward and middle arrow are.

Banned

Default Re: Arrow Problems

Quote Originally Posted by ASHDUMP View Post
    The V1 is working like a charm but I did notice the other day when I passed a COP on a back road that when I passed him the arrows indicating he was behind me didn't work. It still made the sounds but only the middle arrow lit up.

Anyone else have this problem before? So it appears the rear arrow is not working and only forward and middle arrow are.
    Is it doing the same thing around falses?

Speed Demon

In the presence of stong signals my V1 sometimes gets the arrows wrong, I've always assumed it's bouncing off something and gets confused. It's rarely a problem.

Is this happening on ALL encounters or just this one?

Yoda of Radar

People always think that the V1's arrow tell you where the LEO is located, they do not.

They simply indicate the strongest direction in which a radar signal is received (along with a few algorithms too likely), and coincidentally it often happens to be where the LEO is located... but they DO NOT point to where the LEO is by ANY MEANS. Do not think this way... it is extremely foolish.

They are an extra source of information, (where the strongest signal source is coming from). It is a directional indicator for radar, not for LEO's... too many people fail to understand this.

I had an incident where an LEO was shooting radar, the arrows switched to the rear (as if I passed the source)... (a side-street) I finished rounding the bend... then KAPOW. Front arrow right in-front of me.

What I think happened: The radar bounced off a large building behind me, and the front-arrow was blocked by a null in the way creating this situation.

Had I listened to the V1 AND thought the source was behind me, I would have gotten a ticket...

They indicate relative radar signal and show the strongest direction of signal, not the originating direction of the source.

Besides that, you have to make sure your rear-antenna etc are working correctly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore View Post
    People always think that the V1's arrow tell you where the LEO is located, they do not.

They simply indicate the strongest direction in which a radar signal is received (along with a few algorithms too likely), and coincidentally it often happens to be where the LEO is located... but they DO NOT point to where the LEO is by ANY MEANS. Do not think this way... it is extremely foolish.

They are an extra source of information, (where the strongest signal source is coming from). It is a directional indicator for radar, not for LEO's... too many people fail to understand this.

I had an incident where an LEO was shooting radar, the arrows switched to the rear (as if I passed the source)... (a side-street) I finished rounding the bend... then KAPOW. Front arrow right in-front of me.

What I think happened: The radar bounced off a large building behind me, and the front-arrow was blocked by a null in the way creating this situation.

Had I listened to the V1 AND thought the source was behind me, I would have gotten a ticket...

They indicate relative radar signal and show the strongest direction of signal, not the originating direction of the source.

Besides that, you have to make sure your rear-antenna etc are working correctly.
    This has happened a few times besides them pointing in every direction at once. As long as you look at them as entertainment they are great.

However when its only you and the LEO with no other radar around they certainly can be useful.

Good Citizen

Well I haven't had my car for a week because its in the shop getting body work done and I forgot to take the V1 out. I'll see what happens when I get to an area where falses are known.

I was on a country back road with nothing else that would have caused the KA band to go off other than the LEO passing me on the other side of the road. 9 times out of 10 when this happens my rear arrow goes off... the last time it happend it didn't and thought something was wrong with the V1. I'll let ya know what happens when I do more investigating.

Thanks for the responses.

Banned

Well I haven't had my car for a week because its in the shop getting body work done and I forgot to take the V1 out. I'll see what happens when I get to an area where falses are known.

I was on a country back road with nothing else that would have caused the KA band to go off other than the LEO passing me on the other side of the road. 9 times out of 10 when this happens my rear arrow goes off... the last time it happend it didn't and thought something was wrong with the V1. I'll let ya know what happens when I do more investigating.

Hopefully its still there when you get it back.

Most likely he turned it off once he passed you. Did it still beep?

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by CJR238 View Post

Hopefully its still there when you get it back.

Most likely he turned it off once he passed you. Did it still beep?
    Oh yeah, the V1 was going crazy!!! Only the middle arrow was flashing and it was a solid sound. Maybe my LED crapped out on me or something.. I don't know. I get my car back tomorrow so I'll test it out.

Radar Fanatic

So far I have not had a problem with my ARROW'S.

I’ve noticed the same occurrence, but it is directly related to the placement of the V1. In my own vehicle it is mounted high and center above the RVM. Going past a strong K band stationary sign I get all three arrows, front, side and rear. On the car I am borrowing I have it mounted low and to the left corner. In that position I get the front and side arrow only by that same speed sign.

BC