Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3.826 assesment

Lead Foot

Default 3.826 assesment

Well I received my 3.824 V1 back from VR and it is upgraded to 3.826. I had it out for a total of two runs so I only have about two hours of testing on it and here is some of my preliminary findings.
    First the bogey lock tone for K band while in L mode seems to be fixed but it still doesnt react the same as the pre-pop v1's. I actually think it is an improvement from the way it use to work in pre-pop. This is how I have experienced it working, upon a K band alert it reacts normal then if I receive a second k source the lock tone will alert for each addidional k source unless it receives 2 or 3 k sources at the same exact time. When this happens the bogey lock tone alerts once but the counter may say 3. For me this is fine as it makes the V1 quieter in the city and I am still getting the new lock tone that usually makes me look at the counter.

Second, I decided to take a run on the interstate where I know there are several K band drones set up and I can confirm that the K band ghosting while real close to the source is still not resolved. I get a brief second bogey when right on top of the drone, but the good news is that I now get a k band warning on these drones from .9 to 1.3 miles foreward and after passing I receive it from the rear for .4 to .5 miles. Now this is quite an improvement from when I had 3.824, to compare I would get .5 to .7 miles foreward and after passing .3 to .5 from the rear. I am real happy with this improvment in K band performance.

Third, Ka band. Well for Ka band I had not run into any Ka sources to make any determination the only thing I can say with regard to Ka band is I use to get a very brief false Ka in two locations in town that were emmiting from a Direct TV dish and I no longer get these falses.
    I have not encountered a "j" alert since I received it back. Not for a real Ka threat nor a Junk detector.

Fourth, The arrow performance in my experience had improved and appears to be a bit more stable but I was happy with the arrow performance in 8.284.

As I drive more and come across any new findings I will report them but I must say my inital assesment is that VR has made some major enhancements with 3.826 and I call it like it is. If I find that changes are good I will state it and if I find there are changes that are negative I will also not be afraid to state that either.

I hope this helps everyone out there who may be interested in what noticable changes there are.

Lead Foot

Thx for the info!

bogey

Good Citizen

i got my 3.826 too.
    IMO, i think it false on Ka a lot more compared to my 3.825 , but i do see the increase in K band range. Also K band doesn't false as much either. I used to drive by this known k false on my 3.825 and it doesn't go off with the 3.826.
    Well that's my experience so far.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ryce4u
    i got my 3.826 too.
    IMO, i think it false on Ka a lot more compared to my 3.825 , but i do see the increase in K band range. Also K band doesn't false as much either. I used to drive by this known k false on my 3.825 and it doesn't go off with the 3.826.
    Well that's my experience so far.

if thats true about ka thats not good as when i hear a ka alert here theres a 99% chance that its a leo and i hit the brakes till i find the source...it wouldnt be too fun dealing with ka falses

...but maybe they had to turn it down a notch so it wouldnt junk out any real sources :?:

Radar Fanatic

Thanks for the report. I won't box mine up and send it in just yet but I'm intrigued by the increase in K-band range. I wonder what they did?

Looking forward to reading more about this firmware revision in the future!

Radar Fanatic

I have version 3.819 but I see lots of tweeks and upgrades, but as it stands now, I am pretty much satisfied with the performance of the V1. Guess I will just keep it till V1 manages to put out a new unit entirely.

V1 Zombie

itisjustme wrote

This is how I have experienced it working, upon a K band alert it reacts normal then if I receive a second k source the lock tone will alert for each addidional k source unless it receives 2 or 3 k sources at the same exact time. When this happens the bogey lock tone alerts once but the counter may say 3. For me this is fine as it makes the V1 quieter in the city and I am still getting the new lock tone that usually makes me look at the counter.

Interesting my 825's the same i thought this was the problem lol

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by ghz1
    itisjustme wrote

This is how I have experienced it working, upon a K band alert it reacts normal then if I receive a second k source the lock tone will alert for each addidional k source unless it receives 2 or 3 k sources at the same exact time. When this happens the bogey lock tone alerts once but the counter may say 3. For me this is fine as it makes the V1 quieter in the city and I am still getting the new lock tone that usually makes me look at the counter.

Interesting my 825's the same i thought this was the problem lol
    That is the was it works in (small L) In (large L) it just keeps giving a bogey lock for each source no matter if they come in at the same time or not.
    Sorry for not being more clear with that one.

Yoda of Radar

I have 3.825 should I send it in?

V1 Zombie

Dude im going to wait until the ka's hotted up even more. it's coming you can count on that :mrgreen: