Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default Question about 3.818

I am looking to sell my V1 and I have a couple questions about it I want to make sure my ad is right. Is 3.818 the software version before the current one? Is there any benefit to upgrading from 3.818 for people in the US? Is the general consensus that 3.818 is less buggy than the current one?
    Thanks,
    Richard

Lead Foot

Your V1 is a non-Euro version and the latest software for your non-euro verions is 3.819. The only difference that I know between 8.818 and 3.819 is that the auto muting of K band in the programing mode doesn't work in 3.818. This is why VR made 3.819, to allow the auto muting of K band to work.

May I ask why are you selling your V1?

Speed Demon

My mom saw me driving (i.e. she was in another car doing something unrelated to why I was in my car) and given the...um...size of the gap between the speed limit and the speed I was going I was told to either sell my detector or pay for my own insurance.

Radar Fanatic

3.818, 3.819, 3.821, 3.824, 3.825, 3.826 You are a lot more versions away from one! People in the US don't need the EURO mode but supposedly the new one is better at one or more of the following: "J"unk alerts, ghost K band bogy's and bogy lock tone.
    Type in your serial number on upgrades at VR and use that description of your unit for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by itisjustme
    Your V1 is a non-Euro version and the latest software for your non-euro versions is 3.819. The only difference that I know between 8.818 and 3.819 is that the auto muting of K band in the programing mode doesn't work in 3.818. This is why VR made 3.819, to allow the auto muting of K band to work.
    Wrong, 3.819 was an attempt to correct the "J"unk alert on real LEO's.
    I had a 3.818 in March and K band automuting worked perfectly although K band ghosting was very bad.

Speed Demon

Well heres what it says for me

V1 Description: Radar circuitry known in-house as V1.8-POP2. This is our latest and best performer on both radar and laser. Of interest to those who drive in Europe, the latest V1 version also has a Euro Mode.

Upgrade Recommendation: For operation in North America, you already have our best. If you drive in Europe, you may chose to add our new Euro Mode which improves protection on photo radar as it is used in the E.U

So maybe I have 3.819? I haven't checked since I bought the thing, but I know it was 3.81something.
    Richard

Cheetah Rep

Daves right, the only difference is the fix for the 'J' issue.
    that's why I upgraded.

oddly enough mine worked very well on this trip so far.
    A total of 6 'J' alerts so far. they all seemed legit with one questionable one.
    2-3 lights on ka then 'J'. made for smooth sailing. one ramped up to almost full alert before it 'J' ed out, but I didn't see any LEO's.

maybe just make a note about the version difference with the hardware Euro upgrade.
    if they type in the serial # it will confirm that.

Lead Foot

oops, my bad. My memory isn't as good as I thought!

Cheetah Rep

no problem. with all the revision changes and different issues it's understandable.

I had 3.818 and was having problems with real threats getting J'd out. I contacted V1, sent it in and they sent it back with 3.819. I have had no more problems real threats getting J'd out.

Good Citizen

Why not keep the detector, but conceal it when your mom might see it, or use it only on long trips or in your most dangerous law enforcement hot spots?