Experienced

Default V1 - Help Understanding Settings

So I've made quite a few changes in programming and just wanna be sure I don't get myself Pwnt. I searched around a bit and understanding the menus are easy, but tailoring it to specific needs can be subjective. I've had X-band and POP off for awhile now and wanted to see if I could get the K falses under a bit better control.
    Version 3.862

Here is what I changed :

7 - Enabled. The menu states that changes here will only apply if I'm in little l or big L. I guess it's safe to assume going to A (all bogeys) will disregard any changes here, correct?

b,C,d - all arrows down. I went with three seconds at the onset of K band here. If I encounter an I/O burst, it'll mute three seconds, then alert, correct? I wasn't to sure what a good value here would be but my biggest fear is a muted I/O encounter would not be good. It's too bad you couldn't set this to zero if this is the case.

E,F - unmuted (default). One weird question here is if you were to have E unmuted and F muted, would F override the E? What's a good recommended setting for this?

G - Rear K band muted. This should probably help in the city.

In NYC, the K falses can get ridiculous at times. While some of these settings might be extreme, for driving around the city it might be something I can get away with and still have some protection. I've never encountered K I/O around here but I guess it's always a possibility.

Speed Demon

Default Re: V1 - Help Understanding Settings

why would you only mute the k band for 3 seconds? i have mine set for 30 unless it breaks a certain number of leds. if thats a little extreme there are times in between but i dont see the point in muting for 3 secs. also run in little l so the alerts will still be visible

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dtraill27 View Post
    why would you only mute the k band for 3 seconds? i have mine set for 30 unless it breaks a certain number of leds. if thats a little extreme there are times in between but i dont see the point in muting for 3 secs. also run in little l so the alerts will still be visible
    X2, you always have A mode for full sensitivity if you need it. Mute the c#@p out of it and use little "l" mode and "A" mode.

Experienced

I was under the assumption this setting was strictly for the onset of the signal and would unmute if that signal lasts longer than the time setpoint. In my case, it's three seconds.

Can someone clarify how all of this works?

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by R.J. View Post
    I was under the assumption this setting was strictly for the onset of the signal and would unmute if that signal lasts longer than the time setpoint. In my case, it's three seconds.

Can someone clarify how all of this works?
    the time over ride can be set by you but if the onset of the alert is higher than 4 led lights it will over ride the mute. also if it is a constant source you are approaching and it reaches 6 lights it will over ride the mute. more than likely if you're getting I/O'ed its going to be less than 3 seconds and higher than 4 lights. i recommend setting the automute for 30 secs. that way if you are at a red light next to a walgreens you shouldnt hear the door openers. do some searching. i am new here and had the same questions. with a little browsing i was able to find what i needed to set up my v1. once you set your v1 back to a mode for example on the high way there will be no automuting.

Advanced Member

Note, E over-ride is for k band I/O instant shots greater than 4 LEDs, F over-ride is a slow ramp-up greater than 6 LEDs on k band. If you are worried about k band I/O less than 4 LEDs, say a weak 1/2 second (Stalker) or a 5 second I/O shot at another auto say at 2 LEDs, use little l mode which will alarm at full sensitivity, at tab volume, and show full display like normal highway A mode. Other wise use big L and see nothing for the time set (b) unless the unit over-rides for safety (E,F). Do use 30 seconds (b) to mute the door openers, most members do. Hope that helps!

Radar Fanatic

Use 30 seconds of muting with arrows for E and F up. So far my V1 has been smart enough in 'l' mode to alert to LEOs running short bursts of K-band, distinguishing them from false sources. I've seen it break the programmed rules, such as alert to K-band shots with an onset of 2 or 3 led strength; the good part is they happened to be real radar threats.

Speed Demon

Use 30 second mute, 3 seconds isn't nearly enough.

Newcomer

If RJ or anyone else cares to summarize all of their settings for the v1 either here on the board or private message, i would be thankful. i just ordered my v1, waiting for it to come, and i feel a little overwhelmed already.

i plan to use it here on long island on the highways, not so much the local streets.

thanks in advance.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by attorneymedic View Post
    If RJ or anyone else cares to summarize all of their settings for the v1 either here on the board or private message, i would be thankful. i just ordered my v1, waiting for it to come, and i feel a little overwhelmed already.

i plan to use it here on long island on the highways, not so much the local streets.

thanks in advance.
    It can be explained 1000x and you will still not quite understand it or forget and have to refer back to the instructions. Basically enabling "7" allows for additional muting depending on signal strength or time utilizing b,c,d,e,f & g.

What i have found is its really all or nothing because time muting is good but if signal strength isn't muted at max it defeats the purpose of time and breaks through. And we all know door falses can max out when in parking lots.
    Just remember to put it back in "A" mode when on highway or when full sensitivity is needed.