Lead Foot

Default Is it necessary on V-1?

To remove the X-band since this is the band that all falses are on in my area?
    Would it be better just to put it in "L" mode which is suppose to do filtering on this band?

Lead Foot

It is not necessary to turn off x band in the v-1 nor is is reccommended by many to turn off any bands that are used in the USA by LOE. You will never know when you may run into X band just because LEO wants to take advantage of RD users who do just what you are asking and turning off X band.

Radar Fanatic

personal preference....

in my area leaving it on can have my bogey counter at 6-9 driving past certain areas making my v1 nearly useless...i have no choice but to disable it here..

I disabled mine...but then again police in Florida aren't allowed to use X-band, so I'm pretty safe.

Professional

I also have cut X band off (because I'm in Florida) and it has reduced the number of non-LEO alerts a lot.

I just need to remember to re-enable X band when I take it with me on a trip out of state.

Ed

Good Citizen

I would first run with everything enabled for roughly a month. Get to understand the frunctionality of the Detector. After that if your area and neighboring areas are not operating X band, then disable it. Slowly I would then start altering the program to your likings. Try what others have done to their units.

Like both my Valentines are set to: (D=Down) (U=Up)
    1 X band-D(Off) 2 K band-U(On)
    3 Ka band-U(On) 4 Laser-U(On)
    5 -D 6 -U
    7 -D 8 -D
    A -D b- D
    C -U d -U
    E -U F -U
    G -U H -U
    J -U u -U (euro 3.826 software)

Here is how to do it:
    http://www.valentine1.com/lab/MikesLabRpt3.asp

Radar Fanatic

X band has not been used in CA/NV in over 15 years, mine is off as well as full K band automuting with the freeway drone situation, I simply switch to (A) mode where I live as K band is used around Dublin through Alamo.
    If you feel more comfortable with everything on or don't do much driving then the extra falsing might not bug you much.
    For the first five years or so that I owned a V1 I did not know that you could reprogram it so I put up with falsing a long time.
    I drive a lot of miles so for me my settings are perfect.
    If you ever go to Oregon they were still using X band three years ago that I know.

RadarHell, Why do you have (b) down? This is for 30 second K band automuting but it will not work with your chosen (7) up (all automuting settings inactive)

Professional

police in Florida aren't allowed to use X-band

They should pass a law prohibiting ALL bands

but then , who will pay their salary ??? safety has a large back :wink:

At how much over the posted do they ticket , generally speaking , I know some places they are crazy as over 5 :roll:

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by RadarHell
    I would first run with everything enabled for roughly a month. Get to understand the frunctionality of the Detector. After that if your area and neighboring areas are not operating X band, then disable it. Slowly I would then start altering the program to your likings. Try what others have done to their units.

Like both my Valentines are set to: (D=Down) (U=Up)
    1 X band-D(Off) 2 K band-U(On)
    3 Ka band-U(On) 4 Laser-U(On)
    5 -D 6 -U
    7 -U 8 -D
    A -D b- D
    C -U d -U
    E -U F -U
    G -U H -U
    J -U u -U (euro 3.826 software)

Here is how to do it:
    http://www.valentine1.com/lab/MikesLabRpt3.asp
    Thanks I'm doing exactly what your suggestions are to get a better feel the the V-1 since I just got it. I already know about the re-program info but If I should decide to do this I will have to do it over the phone with instructions with Valentine because I don't understand it and even Valentine One suggested if I decide to eliminate this band X consult with them and the posted information you have mentioned.