Thread: What if

V1 Zombie

Default What if

I know this is the V1 forum and that this subject is not about the V1 but i feel that the V1 Boy's and girls would have a bit more zest on this one. When i had a Rx65 (tect mod on cause the thing Ka false so much) I noticed when it was detecting a real cop it would alert me to another detector detecting the same cop eg 34.7 ghz then all of a sudden (at the traffic lights) the guy with the uniden in the car next to me would set the 65 off as well 33.5 ghz so im getting two hits one from the cop and one from the uniden detecting the cop. So it said to me that the uniden Stealth was lost when it was detected the cop.
    So this bell STI If it's detecting a cop at the same time as a detector detector working the same area would it let go and show all??????????
    If so do cop's set up detector traps stated above? if not why not. :shock:

Radar Fanatic

This is a similar situation that some people have mentioned might cause a "J"unk alert on a real LEO with a V1.8POP.
    A randon detector powered up on the sidelines would be a good thing to try on certain tests on upcoming GOL testing as other organizations have made sure that all other units were off.

Advanced Member

Default Re: What if

Quote Originally Posted by ghz1
    I know this is the V1 forum and that this subject is not about the V1 but i feel that the V1 Boy's and girls would have a bit more zest on this one. When i had a Rx65 (tect mod on cause the thing Ka false so much) I noticed when it was detecting a real cop it would alert me to another detector detecting the same cop eg 34.7 ghz then all of a sudden (at the traffic lights) the guy with the uniden in the car next to me would set the 65 off as well 33.5 ghz so im getting two hits one from the cop and one from the uniden detecting the cop. So it said to me that the uniden Stealth was lost when it was detected the cop.
    So this bell STI If it's detecting a cop at the same time as a detector detector working the same area would it let go and show all??????????
    If so do cop's set up detector traps stated above? if not why not. :shock:
    The Uniden is still leaking even during the regular sweep, but when it detects police radar it might "park" the oscillator for a longer duration on that freq in order to get a better look at the detected signal. Although other detectors might be able to filter out falses from the Uniden when it is sweeping, when it "parks" it might make it more difficult to filter out.

For example, some detectors see a Ka frequency that changes (as in the harmonic of a sweeping LO fro another detector) and can filter the alert, as real police radar would not change.

The STI suppresses leakage altogether by the use of filters and LNAs, so I don't think it would leak more if it "parks" vs a regular sweep. I don't even know if it "parks" at all, I'm not sure all detectors use that technique.

Jim