Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default My custom V1 hard storage case

I came across some excess sheets of foam at work the other day and came up with a quick idea to make a hard case for my V1. I usually remove the V1 from the mount and store it in the glove box when I park but I was afraid of scratching it. The OEM V1 case is too huge to fit in my glove box so here is my solution.

I used a hard plastic cd storage case I got for Christmas and removed the cd trays.

I traced and cut the foam to fit in the case and the V1. I used some spare tool drawer liner for the bottom.

Everything fits perfectly!

I only spent 30mins building it with a dull blade so it's not pro-quality, but it works.

Advanced Member

Cool....... 8)

Power User

Hmmmmmmmm very good idea!!

Lead Foot

Great idea. I like it very much.
    I own a OEM case and I think I like your case better.

Experienced

Nice touch Mase

Radar Fanatic

nice craftsmanship!!!

Good Citizen

I have the V1 case for about a month now, I am not impressed with it. It shows you that you can put all the accessories in it, which I could not and it damaged my suction cups.

Nice case, maybe find a slight bigger one for myself to include my accessories.

Lead Foot

I like the V1 case because it holds everything but my suction cups comfortably. That way I can travel with my V1 (visor mount) in other cars, but its easy to pack away. I always ALWAYS take my V1 out of my car even when I'm just running in to get something, but I don't mind leaving my suction cups up, because if someone breaks in they are going to be sorely disappointed.

Newcomer

I use an old Bel softcase for my V1...fits like a glove. V1 unit only visor clip is perm mounted to car.

J

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by RadarHell
    I have the V1 case for about a month now, I am not impressed with it. It shows you that you can put all the accessories in it, which I could not and it damaged my suction cups.

Nice case, maybe find a slight bigger one for myself to include my accessories.
    You are using the case WRONG! The V1 case has a SPECIAL hard plastic plate for the SUCTION CUPS! It is next to the POCKET where the V1 itself is kept. If you use it CORRECTLY it will not damage your suction cups.

The V1 case is brilliant in my opinion. I travel between cars alot and having the case handy at all times with all the extras is a plus for me.

bogey