Newcomer

Default Got my v1 today.

First off, I'm not the happiest with Valentine's shipping dept. This is 2010 when I buy something for $400 on the internet give me a tracking number, or a confirmation email at least. Second, when a customer specifies UPS, send it UPS, Fedex is strict about signatures for some people. /complaining.

Ok, so I spent two hours driving around to pick up my v1 this morning. It spotted two NYS troopers, one probably about a mile out and the other a quarter mile out around a bend and down a hill. They disappeared from the detector once they passed, I found that interesting, I'd figured I'd get a back arrow, but that may have something to do with my mounting. I'm happy. I would certainly rather have arrows and a bogey counter than gps given my fairly rural condition.

I can't find a spot on my windshield where I can get it perfectly level/pointing perfectly straight ahead. Does this matter that much?

Newcomer

Default Re: Got my v1 today.

Quote Originally Posted by ghause View Post
    Second, when a customer specifies UPS, send it UPS, Fedex is strict about signatures for some people. /complaining.
    Did you buy your V1 on the phone or on the web site? When I bought my V1 about a month ago I did it by phone and requested they send it without signature confirmation and they pretty much said they would not do that. It does make it inconvenient since most of the public is not home when items are delivered, but I can understand the reasoning behind it. A $400 item is not a nice thing to go missing off your porch and people tend to blame the shipper.
    As far as getting your detector mounted, high and next to the mirror is a pretty good place to get it straight and level. What type of car are you mounting it in? Hardwire or plug?

Newcomer

I got it from the web. Since they offer UPS or FedEx, one would think they would honor the customer's preference. There is about a 50 minute difference in distance to delivery centers in the two carriers for me. I like UPS because if my driver is not cool, it is easy to pick it up from them. It isn't that big a deal, it was a beautiful morning for a drive.

It is a 2010 GTI. I'm running it from the plug, but will be hardwiring it soon. I had it as close to the right and above the mirror as I could get it. It certainly didn't have any trouble sniffing out those troopers.

Quote Originally Posted by ghause View Post
    First off, I'm not the happiest with Valentine's shipping dept. This is 2010 when I buy something for $400 on the internet give me a tracking number, or a confirmation email at least. Second, when a customer specifies UPS, send it UPS, Fedex is strict about signatures for some people. /complaining.

Ok, so I spent two hours driving around to pick up my v1 this morning. It spotted two NYS troopers, one probably about a mile out and the other a quarter mile out around a bend and down a hill. They disappeared from the detector once they passed, I found that interesting, I'd figured I'd get a back arrow, but that may have something to do with my mounting. I'm happy. I would certainly rather have arrows and a bogey counter than gps given my fairly rural condition.

I can't find a spot on my windshield where I can get it perfectly level/pointing perfectly straight ahead. Does this matter that much?
    I agree, what's up with not giving a tracking #? I even specifically asked for one and he would not do it. Instead the wanted the address of the nearest ups office and they are mailing it there. Odd....