Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default FOR YOU V1 VETERANS ONLY!

Ok guys! This is my third V1 and it is 3.826 I had 3.825 that I sent in since I felt it was a lemon.

I just got my 3.826 back! Here is what I find strange.

1. On K band the front antennae only reports signals with 4-5 leds on the signal meter. Why is it never reporting a K band signal with only 1 led?? Is this normal on the NEWER units? FILTERING?? BROKEN??

2. ON K band the REAR antennae seems to be better at picking up the signal. I found a speed sign that uses K band and the drove towards and away from it and the rear antennae is MUCH better then the front!!

Im thinking about doing a VIDEO of this and show you guys and sent it to VR!

I am still waiting for KA Band threats.

bogey

Manufacturer

This may be due to programming. Were you running in l or L modes at the time? If so, try A mode and see if the alerting pattern remains.

If not, I suspect programming.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Lead Foot

I was in the ALL BOGEY mode.

Lead Foot

Bogey,
    What you are reporting is not normal in A mode. It should show K band signels as weak as 1 led on the front antenna.

Unless of course if he lives in California, and one of those danged k band drones are pinging him. My RD either maxes, or startes out at about 1/3 signal for those on the other side. There doesn't seem to be a gradual ramp up with these puppies. Their beam seems more directional and tighter than the normal Leo radar beam.

And as you drive away.. it would be more gradual weakening of the signal, as many are pointed at the rear of passing traffic.

Lead Foot

Unfortunately I am not in CA. I am starting to think that VR did not "fix" my V1 when I sent it in but only upgraded the firmware and that PISSES me off since I told them it is not working like it should.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bogey
    Unfortunately I am not in CA. I am starting to think that VR did not "fix" my V1 when I sent it in but only upgraded the firmware and that PISSES me off since I told them it is not working like it should.
    Your V1 is definitely malfunctioning. You need to send it in ASAP. They'll make it right. Are you still having the same problem that you sent it in for?

GTO_04

Speed Demon

Does it cost anything to go from the 3.825 to 3.826?

Lead Foot

Nope they did not charge me a penny.

Newcomer

how long have you had the V1?