Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default Curious about the V1 features

I've read Mike V's website and everything about the V1 and I am considering trying one out to see if its much better than my RX65 but I need a few questions answered.

1) How does the Valentine display a POP alert? And does it "false" on POP often? POP is a priority to me (despite it not being admissable in a court of law) I need POP protection.

2) Is the false alerts from door openers tolerable? (X band can be disabled, no use for it here)

3) What is "Bogey Lock Tone" mean?

4) What is "Ghosting"?

5) Does Ka Band false often? My RX65 has yet to false alert on Ka Band believe it or not. :wink:

6) What is this "J" alert that's aparently plaguing a lot of V1 users?

7) Does the Laser false often? I don't have neon signs in my area, and maybe some Lexus vehicles. But I need a higher alert-to-false ratio 8)

Thanks for anyone who can help clarify or post their experience/knowledge with these questions! Happy driving (be safe)

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Curious about the V1 features

Quote Originally Posted by RensoreK
    I've read Mike V's website and everything about the V1 and I am considering trying one out to see if its much better than my RX65 but I need a few questions answered.

1) How does the Valentine display a POP alert? And does it "false" on POP often? POP is a priority to me (despite it not being admissable in a court of law) I need POP protection.

It displays a POP as a regular Ka alert.

2) Is the false alerts from door openers tolerable? (X band can be disabled, no use for it here)

The Bogey lock tone sounds when the V1 detects an additional threat.

4) What is "Ghosting"?

Ghosting is when the V1 displays multiple signals when there are in fact only one.

5) Does Ka Band false often? My RX65 has yet to false alert on Ka Band believe it or not. :wink:

7) Does the Laser false often? I don't have neon signs in my area, and maybe some Lexus vehicles. But I need a higher alert-to-false ratio 8)

Thanks for anyone who can help clarify or post their experience/knowledge with these questions! Happy driving (be safe)

The ones in red are the only ones that I really feel qualified to answer, but some of the V1 guys can help you out with the rest.

Professional

i've heard that the v1 falses quite a bit on ka band

the v1 will definately make your alert to false ratio go down. its great for road trips, but for every day driving, i hear it can be a nightmare

unless you really need some serious laser detection, stick with your rx-65. if you do need protection for laser, get a jammer. veil will only give you a small to medium chance (unless of course you have a black c5 or earlier or jim's black trans am), but when paired up with a jammer, you will have some great protection on just about any vehicle (except for like a hummer)

the rx-65 seems to be the best for sniffing out pop right now and since you really need it in your area, your rx-65 would do the best job

i'd say wait until vr either redesigns their detector or fixes some of the ghosting and "j" problems they've been having lately

just my two cents

Newcomer

So there would be no difference in the V1 alerting from a "Instant-On" and a "POP" ???

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atriety23
    So there would be no difference in the V1 alerting from a "Instant-On" and a "POP" ???
    Correct! So really you wouldn't know if the officer used POP to clock you

Lets leave most of the answers to V1 owners though

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Professional

After I disabled X-band (I'm in FL too) I started using nothing but All Bogeys mode. There's only a few K band door openers in my area, and I just hit the button to lower the volume if I get stopped at a light near one.

So I'd answer #2 as, Yes it's tolerable.

Ed

Lead Foot

Default I have had the V-1 for almost a month now

I get falses left and right mostly from the K-band some X-band a few KA band and very few laser hits. :shock:

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Mackid343
    i've heard that the v1 falses quite a bit on ka band

the v1 will definately make your alert to false ratio go down. its great for road trips, but for every day driving, i hear it can be a nightmare

unless you really need some serious laser detection, stick with your rx-65. if you do need protection for laser, get a jammer. veil will only give you a small to medium chance (unless of course you have a black c5 or earlier or jim's black trans am), but when paired up with a jammer, you will have some great protection on just about any vehicle (except for like a hummer)

the rx-65 seems to be the best for sniffing out pop right now and since you really need it in your area, your rx-65 would do the best job

i'd say wait until vr either redesigns their detector or fixes some of the ghosting and "j" problems they've been having lately

just my two cents
    Yes at least on mine which is fresh out of the box no reprograms.

Lead Foot

4) What is "Ghosting"?

5. I have yet to get a KA false on my 3.826 V1

6. The "J" is when the V1 will throw a false signal into the TRASH BIN or "JUNK" it out. You will will most often then not get a "J" when a COBRA RD is near your V1.

7. I have gotten a few laser falses when parked in fron of a NEON sign. Never on the road though!

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by bogey

4) What is "Ghosting"?

5. I have yet to get a KA false on my 3.826 V1

6. The "J" is when the V1 will throw a false signal into the TRASH BIN or "JUNK" it out. You will will most often then not get a "J" when a COBRA RD is near your V1.

7. I have gotten a few laser falses when parked in fron of a NEON sign. Never on the road though!
    I hooked up the Cobra detector next to the Whistler 1793 SE which I got a 100% refund back after using the Whistler for over a month because of too many falses especially on Pulse (there is no way that should go off that much). Anyway the Cobra made the K band alert go off on the Whistler.

It turns out I do have the 3.826 V-1 version. I get very few KA alerts most of it is the K band then X band and this is in the "L" mode which is suppose to filter out the most. Now I did reprogram and remove the K and X band and will have to road test it.
    Should I now change logic modes to perhaps "A" being the most sensitive instead of what I was on before "L" mode when I had K band and X-band engaged.?
    Strange that all the numbers and letters left are in the arrow up position which means they are all engaged and on so that would mean the Ku band is on. Per Valentine One though it doesn't come this way brand new as it has to be activated/programed. :shock: I wonder what's up with that? :shock:
    I have yet to get a "J" alert. :idea: