Thread: 2 Bogeys 1 cop

V1 Zombie

Default 2 Bogeys 1 cop

yeap thats right 2 bogeys and one cop. My V1 .825 gave a bum stir today
    i was most disappointed indeed. Now the very very interesting thing is it was a very low power radar i got my first hit (1 then 2 bogeys) which only hit 4 bars then 15 sec later BANG there he was a full hit and 2 bogeys. Now what im thinking is he's got one of them 35.5 ghz radars OR not sure here but the stalker front and back mounted radars can they detect both ways at the same time? Im sure somebody out there knows how they work :shock:
    Ghz1

Old Timer

I think this is called "ghosting"

Newcomer

I had a similar experience this AM with my .825 on my way to work. I was driving along when all of sudden the ka band started alerting darn near full strength and the arrows indicated radar ahead. The bogey counter started beeping like crazy and when all was said and done it showed 4 ka band bogeys. No way! My V1 is screaming full strength at this point and there is no police cruiser in sight. About ten seconds later a city traffic unit pops into view running in the constant on moving mode.

Now I am used to the ka band ghost bogey I always get from a very strong K band source however this was a first for me. The officer must have had the gain cranked up on his Bee III or something.

I must say that despite the ka ghosts, I am very very impressed with the ka band sensitivity on my V1. The stretch of road I was traversing is very curvy due to the hills and I estimate the traffic unit was every bit of a mile away from me from when my V1 first sounded the alert. Money well spent.

Keary

Yoda of Radar

I am confused a little....you didn't get a ticket........

V1 Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy

mmmmm well im on to that Sethy thanks anyway mate :roll: . What i found interesting was that it was a really low power radar that made it ghost, about 98% of the time the ka on the V1 is true to me. But this time only with this low power radar it failed me or did it. So the question is can cop's turn front and back radar's on and take readings at the same time. :shock:.
    I have also noticed that some cops are turning the little white sender/receiver thats mounted on the dash from in front to a almost 45 degree angle pointing to the victim :shock: . I know this gives him a slower speed than his "victim" is going but with low power radar it may give him more stealth. This may be giving the V1 a extra bogey or 2 due to the reflection from houses etc.

Ps no ticket the cop looked like he was going to cry as here past me money well spent i say

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by ghz1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethy

mmmmm well im on to that Sethy thanks anyway mate :roll: . What i found interesting was that it was a really low power radar that made it ghost, about 98% of the time the ka on the V1 is true to me. But this time only with this low power radar it failed me or did it. So the question is can cop's turn front and back radar's on and take readings at the same time. :shock:.
    I have also noticed that some cops are turning the little white sender/receiver thats mounted on the dash from in front to a almost 45 degree angle pointing to the victim :shock: . I know this gives him a slower speed than his "victim" is going but with low power radar it may give him more stealth. This may be giving the V1 a extra bogey or 2 due to the reflection from houses etc.

Ps no ticket the cop looked like he was going to cry as here past me money well spent i say

I was blasted by KA radar today and the V1 gave me ample warning due to the RABBITS in front of me. I waved and smiled to the LEO..........SUCKERS!