Power User

Default Finally need a tune-up

So as I was driving Friday, saw 35.5, which both RDs saw .7 miles ahead. Then I got to the next one a few miles up the road, 34.7. The Bel saw it, but the V1 completely missed it until I was nearly on top of the LEO. A car was in front of me, but I highly doubt that was the cause. Then today, it was falsing full on X band to the rear. I took it out of the sun for an hour and put it back on. X band false again! I took it down and put it in my center counsel. An hour later I put it back on and it works just fine again. I guess everyone needs to do a tune-up eventually (2.5 years since I bought it).

Power User

Default Re: Finally need a tune-up

The other thing that I was surprised by was the V1 did not alert to C/O K (24.168).

Lead Foot

Oh wow. Yeah definitely sounds like you need to send it in. Don't know how the weather in IN is, but do you ever leave it baking in the sun? My V1 gets pretty warm and it stays out of the sun using the visor mount.

Power User

I live fairly close to my work and it is all stop and go lights, so no speeding, so the V1 is hardly used anymore, and when it isn't being used, it is stored away.

Professional

I'd go ahead and send it in. Valentine got mine this past Tuesday and it is due to be delivered back to me today. Less than a week turn around. I got charged $45 so I assume it required more than some simple software adjustments to bring it back into spec, but it will be nice to have K band detection again!

Power User

Sent it in, so I hope to get it back before next weekend.

Advanced Member

Yelp! My old one did similar to that and they fixed it for free. When turned on after a minute, the unit alarmed X band slightly for another minute then ok. Then it got worse over time. They said that the micro diode in the antenna was loose in it's clips. Of course, your unit may have another issue. Hope your repair is for free and fast!.....

Professional

When I sent mine in turn around was 4 to 5 days. Best of luck and you will have it back soon enough. Nice that you have the STI-R for backup

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by gilberto814 View Post
    When I sent mine in turn around was 4 to 5 days. Best of luck and you will have it back soon enough. Nice that you have the STI-R for backup
    I live close to work and it is all stop and go lights, so I rarely ever get up to the speed limit.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gilberto814 View Post
    I live close to work and it is all stop and go lights, so I rarely ever get up to the speed limit.
    its like that for me too depending on the time of day