Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default UPDATE AVAILABLE for 3.819 firmware - J bug fixed!

Just got off the phone with V1 - they have a free firmware update available for 3.819 units that fixes the 'J' bug..hopefully... and if you have an older POP2 unit i'm sure this would be free for you as well.

Radar Fanatic

Didnt the 3.819 update already fix the "J" alert. Or are they updating the update? I have 3.819- dont feel like sending it in again.

Founder of Stealthvation

All I can tell you is that the new update is WELL worth it. Everything is fixed!
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Good Citizen

Default sorta..

3.819 was the intended update for POP2 NON-EURO V1's, however it still has issues - the J bug still happens, and sometimes single sources are reported as multiple bogies at close range -- the new update is for NON-EURO POP2 V1's and supposedly fixes the J bug and the multiple bogey issue -- I don't have my unit back yet, but the firmware will be a different version.. maybe 3.820 ? or whatever their version scheme will be for a non-euro POP2 V1.. I'll post the version when I get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by CactusMan
    Didnt the 3.819 update already fix the "J" alert. Or are they updating the update? I have 3.819- dont feel like sending it in again.

Radar Fanatic

Since my V1 already says 3.819 if i shipped it back for a 3.819 update, they (VR) could ship it back to me and I wouldnt know if the "J" alert had been fixed unless the software version said something like 3.819x or something like that.

Wait a sec...I have 3.826. How can they have an update for an earlier version of firmware? Do I need to send mine in for the update?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiVM
    Wait a sec...I have 3.826. How can they have an update for an earlier version of firmware? Do I need to send mine in for the update?
    You have the latest software and hardware version. You have the Euro version built in - I dont.

Radar Fanatic

Something sounds wrong here, 3.818 was POP2 3.819 was supposed to fix the "J"unk alert, that is what happya$$ did last time.
    I don't think that there is any such thing as 3.820 because it has never been brought up before. 3.821,3.824,3.825,3.826 are all EURO versions which would require $75 for an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    All I can tell you is that the new update is WELL worth it. Everything is fixed!
    I say it is still too early to tell, happya$$ how could you jump the gun and say that everything is fixed the same day that you got yours.
    How many miles a week do you drive? Also one time we spoke about V1 automuting and you said that you don't encounter very many K band alerts?

Esprit reported: getting a lot of Ka falses and said: "From what I've heard, VR have lowered the threshold of falsing on Ka on rev 3.826 to prevent real threats being "J'd"

Bogey reported: "On K band the front antenna only reports signals with 4-5 LEDs on the signal meter"

itisjustme reported: that he still gets ghosting.

Founder of Stealthvation

I can tell you for a FACT that yesterday I had a guy with a leaky detector behind me and my V1 DID work like it was supposed to and junked it out. Also I encountered 2 ka band threat from my local cops and the V1 did not junk them out once! So far Mike V. and the team have PERFECTED the V1 with 3.826. I drive about 60 miles a day
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

So can anyone tell me definitively if the "J" problem is fixed with version 3.819?