Default Bought V1 week ago

In downtowns it goes nut with X and K Bands, got my first Ka-Band and cop was there, today was wierd 3 cops were just standing near cars and i got ful on Ka and full on Laser......

i thought laser is only instant-on, no?

Lead Foot

Default Re: Bought V1 week ago

Quote Originally Posted by kolyan2k
    In downtowns it goes nut with X and K Bands, got my first Ka-Band and cop was there, today was wierd 3 cops were just standing near cars and i got ful on Ka and full on Laser......

You are correct on the laser.....POINT n SHOOT.

Founder of Stealthvation

Put your v1 on "L" mode aka advanced Logic mode. It is MUCH quiter. Also turn off POP (option J).
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Put your v1 on "L" mode aka advanced Logic mode. It is MUCH quiter. Also turn off POP (option J).

it's in small "l" right now.. with 5 sec delay in K-band. was also thinking putting it in mute with 4 leds on K

why turn POP off? Is it safe?

if the laser is instant-on then it was defenatly wierd. i drive there everyday, and that day there were 3 cops on accident and like i said i got FULL on KA and FULL on LASER

Radar Fanatic

Strobe lights sometimes set off my laser alert. I've had it happen with ambulances, police cars, and fire trucks alike.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Bought V1 week ago

Quote Originally Posted by kolyan2k

Just for your sanity, I use to use a Bel RX 65. Sold it for a V1...I turned my X off and I get less K fales than I did with my Bel.

just another newbie question:

1.is it normal to get like 6-9 bogeys in busy areas? (happens to me quite often)
    2.is it normal to get ka band at 2-4 lights with cop right next to u?

Radar Fanatic

1) There can be as many bogeys as there are sources, (up to 9...obviously.) If you are next to a huge shopping center or something then I don't see why there couldn't be 6-9 bogeys. I've seen 7 or 8 if I drive into the right parking lot.

2) 2-4 LEDs on a Ka source that is right next to you sounds not quite right. However, it depends on the strength of the radar and the direction in which it is pointing. If the cop is sitting right next to you and the radar is pointing away into space then sure. If the radar is pointing at you and you still get 2-4 LEDs then either the detector is screwy or the cop next to you isn't actually the source of your alert. Either way, the scenario is theoretically possible.

thanks

1. yeah. it's almost always in shopping areas. jumps back and forth from 9 to 3 to 6 and so on

2. the cop was again on the accident. ka band went to 3-4 lights <1/2 miles away and stayed at 3-4 while i was passing him with arrow forward. (don't recall seeing rear arrow after i passed though)

Radar Fanatic

Tough call on the Ka alert. It sounds like you got OK range which is all that really matters. I would say keep an eye on it and see what kind of range you get on other constant Ka threats. I usually get ~1/2 mile or less due to the fact that most of these New England roads are hilly and curvy, soaking up the radiation in short order.

Otion 6 on the advanced programming features allows you to make the V1 alert more emphatically on Ka bogeys. You won't gain more range but it will make more noise and light up more LEDs to get your attention if this is an issue for you.