Default How should I set V1

I know theres a thread in here on how to program your V1 can someone reply with it...

My main question is though what settings should I have on mine.. I live close to boston in MA and drive mostly in ma.. What should I enable, or disable...

I have been living with it on little "l" for now but should I be keeping it on "A" with the proper settings? Kinda confused on this

Lead Foot

Default Re: How should I set V1

Quote Originally Posted by SaabAero
    I know theres a thread in here on how to program your V1 can someone reply with it...

My main question is though what settings should I have on mine.. I live close to boston in MA and drive mostly in ma.. What should I enable, or disable...

I have been living with it on little "l" for now but should I be keeping it on "A" with the proper settings? Kinda confused on this
    Here is the link: http://www.radardetector.net/HOW-TO-...MODE-3778t.php

But I need info on what BANDS you can DISABLE to give you accurate info. I am sure that someone here will post what you need.

bogey

Lead Foot

Default BRICK IS IN MA. Can you help him out BRICK?

BRICK IS IN MA. Can you help him out BRICK?

Radar Fanatic

You need X, K, and Ka bands enabled. The MA state police use mostly K and some Ka but have been spotted using X band on rare occasion. I get good results using "A" mode wherever I can and then switch to the logic modes when I get into an area where there are lots of door openers. I wouldn't bother with any of the advanced programming options for K-band muting since they may cut down on your ability to pick up instant-on operating in the distance.

In theory you could disable POP if you want to but I haven't found the need. My firmware is two releases back (3.824) but I have found that the falsing on Ka is minimal and it almost always reports a "J" when it is supposed to.