Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: V1 owners...

Old Timer

Default V1 owners...

Does the new 3.826 software fix the K band bogey lock tone as well?

Or is it strictley for the KA J bug...

Advanced Member

Default Re: V1 owners...

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy

Just curious...are you thinking of getting another one?

V1 Zombie

.826 has a fix for the k band bogey lock tone. Not sure about this so called "J Bug" problem your talking about sethy. They only problem i've found with the "JUNK" detector alert was when it's detecting a real cop and another (eg Bell RX65) detector detect's the same cop the V1 "J's"out. All it's doing is telling the V1 that's theres a JUNK detector about :wink:. and that an't no lie. Jim can confirm that if you ask him nicely. I also have a Vid on this i would be happy to email you it if you like.

Lead Foot

Default Re: V1 owners...

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy

After being PARANOID :shock: about my 3.826 being a LEMON. I can gladly say that I am 100% confident with it and have NO issues as I thought at first. It took me 1 week of testing before reaching this conclusion. That means I THINK THAT WITH 3.826 VR IS HEADING THE RIGHT DIRECTION AGAIN.

Lead Foot

Sethy,
    Everything you asked had been addressed and fixed in 3.826

Radar Fanatic

I knew you were thinking about a new fixed V1 version. That would make three V1's in a year for you Sethy, you would not like the falses again, X50 is so you. You should wait until the new X50 comes out shortly.
    So far reports show that the bogy lock tone was fixed on the V1 and I know that you prefer the way it was when it was broken but you can actually have a new one that way just enable section (A) but I believe you have to press mute one time on alert?
    I guess I'll have to try another one in the spring/summer time when all the big guns come out. 3.826 will be probably be history by then.

Radar Fanatic

Urge to upgrade rising...

I still haven't had any J bug problems with 3.824 that I know of but it would sure be nice to get rid of the K-band ghosting.

Scratonicity Groupie

I'll get my V1 back next week - and if any police can make it J out a real alert its ours in DE for some reason so I'll let ya know!! God I hope the bogey lock tone is fixed I can be driving in one part of down town and you'd think the world was coming to an end by home much freakin noise the V1 Makes!

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by V1 Dave
    you would not like the falses again, X50 is so you.
    LOL. That, was funny. A least, imho! Sethy I dont mean to hijack your thread BUT it dovetails nicely with a question I have been kicking around last few days. A question that came up when I got the dreaded "service required" on my X50. (A check of the connection and reboot, seems to have fixed the prob. All systems detecting best I can tell.) Anyway, here's the question: between the top 3, well make that 4 incudling the Sti detector, is one...less "service required" prone? I do daydream about what arrows must be like and am tempted but as this threads discussion shows, there's some fine tuning that needs to be done on the V1, imo. Are the Bels as sensitive/fragile? as X50 and V1?

All thoughts/comments welcomed! (as if, that statement was needed.LOL)

Founder of Stealthvation

For the love of god Seth PLEASE dont buy a V1 again PLEASE. To answer your question sethy 3.826 is as flawless as I remember with V1.7 back in 1998. Mike V. and the team have done an OUTSTANDING job with 3.826. I am speechless and the V1 Zombie virus has hit me hard core once again. I am telling everyone that you will be hard pressed to find a better detector than the V1 1.8 firm 3.826. I stand by this 100%
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!