Alright, guys...I could use some thoughts and opinions. I'm still testing out the V1, but I'm planning ahead in case I decide to keep it. The car is an Infiniti G35 coupe, and I'd like mount the detector between the third brake light and rear seat. Pictures are in spoiler tags for those with slow internet connections. Here:
A picture from the rear:
From the Front:
Finally, an angled picture showing any possible obstructions for the antennas:
I'm guessing radar detectors use line-of-site due to the use of horns for gathering the signal (maybe I'm wrong), so it's possible this setup would degrade the signal from certain angles.
Here's some other parameters:
1) It gets super hot and humid here.
2) I don't want it in plain sight in the windshield.
3) I'd obviously get the concealed display
4) I want a setup that requires me to do nothing for the detector when I get out of the car.
5) I'd do something to cover the detector up (shielding it from sun and eyes).
6) I think stealth setups are cool...as long as performance isn't in question.
Any thoughts, opinions, or suggestions are welcome. Thanks.