Experienced

Default K band suppression?

I am running in BIG L mode and programmed for K band suppression per this thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...h-newbies.html

Yet, I still get mutiple "false" K alerts from shopping/strip centers -- some at 5+ dots. I thought this was supposed to suppressed or minimized? I also thought radar signals from door sensors, etc. were weak?
    Last edited by txautofan; 06-28-2010 at 09:46 PM.

Experienced

Default Re: K band suppression?

Delete-duplicate post
    Last edited by txautofan; 06-28-2010 at 09:46 PM.

Newcomer

I don't think you understand what you are programming. Go read the V1 programming guide again and try to understand what you are actually programming.

K-band doors are weak, but if you get close enough they will be full strength. If you want to surpress the alerts have E and F down then your V1 won't unmute until strength hits 7 bars. If you do that you will miss out on a lot of true instant on weak signal readings. Your v1 won't alert you until you are actually the target, hence that setting is for truelock fans. But by that time, you might have gotten a ticket already.
    Last edited by Tony N.; 06-28-2010 at 09:49 PM.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Tony N. View Post
    I don't think you understand what you are programming. Go read the V1 programming guide again and try to understand what you are actually programming.

K-band doors are weak, but if you get close enough they will be full strength. If you want to surpress the alerts have E and F down then your V1 won't unmute until strength hits 7 bars. If you do that you will miss out on a lot of true instant on weak signal readings. Your v1 won't alert you until you are actually the target, hence that setting is for truelock fans. But by that time, you might have gotten a ticket already.
    No, I did understand what I was programming.

However, you did answer my 2nd question unrelated to programming. I did not realize K band doors were that stong a signal close up; I thought they were weaker, period. I know V1 does not lock out falses like Truelock. They are totally different animals. However, I don't want to lock out until signal strength is 7 bars, so I will deal with the falses.

Professional
    west coast of the ___American Corporatocracy___ X-band is alive-deadly-expensive

some situations require a tap of the mute button

follow the red links below

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by OldGoat View Post

Yep. That's what I've been doing. For better of worse, in the "radar polluted" city, the V1 is a major transition from 9500ix Truelock.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by txautofan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGoat View Post

Yep. That's what I've been doing. For better of worse, in the "radar polluted" city, the V1 is a major transition from 9500ix Truelock.
    It certainly is and that's why i have my V1 programmed with max time and signal strength muting, including rear arrow alert muting. But i use little "l" mode so i can still see the large red arrows pointing to the false.

I actually like the V1 muting better than the RedLine though the Redline filtering works better for real encounters.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CJR238 View Post
    It certainly is and that's why i have my V1 programmed with max time and signal strength muting, including rear arrow alert muting. But i use little "l" mode so i can still see the large red arrows pointing to the false.

I actually like the V1 muting better than the RedLine though the Redline filtering works better for real encounters.
    Big X 2 on that one,
    One volume for K band (muted lever)
    One volume for Ka and laser (regular volume knob)

Any K band noise is compleatly dead or at a volume of your choice for the time limit.

Tony, E and F keeps K band dead even at 8-LEDs, no breakthrough at 7