Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Just figured I'd share my encounter from yesterday...excellent V1 moment.

So I'll set the scenario up first. I met my boss out in Demarest early in the morning and we were both headed to Ringwood after that. We were on 208 in NJ doing what the speed limit should be...65, not the 50 and 55 that is posted. I was in front in the slow lane, as I didn't want to be passing too often because he was following me.

For those who don't know, 208 is a breeding ground for Leo's nabbing people to and from work....actually scratch that, its just a breeding ground in general for Leo's lol.

So I'm driving along and the V1 picks up a weak forward Ka signal. I proceed to slow down to 50 to be safe because I was unsure what the PSL was at the time (50 or 55). Ka signal continues to ramp up and then quickly changes to the rear. At this point I figured it was on the other side of the road because I had not spotted anything and the signal had already swapped from front to rear.

Boy was I ever wrong...after a quick glance to my rear and side view mirrors to see how close my boss was to me after slowing down 15 mph, I saw a LEO sitting in the on the ramp about half on the shoulder and half on the grass. Moments later, he was "comin in hot" in the fast lane and decided to have a friendly afternoon talk with someone about 1/4 mile after that, just before the exits for 287.

What do you think they talked about?...the nice weather we had this past week?...the yankees game?...perhaps what they were planning on doing for the 4th of July?

Another priceless save by the V1.

Here are some pictures for visualization.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Just figured I'd share my encounter from yesterday...excellent V1 moment.

Good Save.

What's your setup like? (mounting position, concealed??)

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Just figured I'd share my encounter from yesterday...excellent V1 moment.

Awesome save, you got to love it.

Newcomer

Great save, very unique LEO position.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by th3 factory freak View Post
    Good Save.

What's your setup like? (mounting position, concealed??)
    Here's some a post I made when I setup the mount that I am currently running...hardwired way up high, with a custom mount. Pictures inside.

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...1-install.html

-Ryan

Radar Fanatic

Pretty solid install.

Going concealed anytime soon?

Power User

Great save!!

Thanks for his location. I marked it down in Trapster.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by scull20 View Post
    Here's some a post I made when I setup the mount that I am currently running...hardwired way up high, with a custom mount. Pictures inside.

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...1-install.html

-Ryan
    Good install.
    Last edited by Akosikojak; 07-05-2010 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Take away.

Professional
    west coast of the ___American Corporatocracy___ X-band is alive-deadly-expensive

vintage V-1

ain't awareness great ?

Radar Fanatic

Awesome, came close on getting a V1 but decided not right now. I need a jammer so going to save up for that. I have the Redline for now so I have awesome detector but I still might add the V1 to my arson.