Thread: hot it up

V1 Zombie

Default hot it up

Hi guy's sounds like the new .826 is a winner, so what i would like to know if any body's knows how often VR hot up the detection rang on all bands. What i'm thinking is that the last Ka improvement was on the .819 right? I think Sethy told us that. So should i wait for them to improve again or is it something no one will know untill it happens :shock: I'm thinking everytime bell put's out a new cracker V1 have to try to better it 8) . As all you radar freak's we all want the best so should i wait :?:

Lead Foot

Default Re: hot it up

Quote Originally Posted by ghz1
    Hi guy's sounds like the new .826 is a winner, so what i would like to know if any body's knows how often VR hot up the detection rang on all bands. What i'm thinking is that the last Ka improvement was on the .819 right? I think Sethy told us that. So should i wait for them to improve again or is it something no one will know untill it happens :shock: I'm thinking everytime bell put's out a new cracker V1 have to try to better it 8) . As all you radar freak's we all want the best so should i wait :?:
    I would go for the 3.826 since the little quirks are worked out and not worry about doing anything else until VR comes out this whatever may be their next large upgrade.

Old Timer

3.826 = no bugs to my knowledge.

and no ghosting!! <---

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    and no ghosting!! <---
    Are you sure on that? My 3.825 will ghost 4-6 K band sources when there is only 1! That would be huge.

Experienced

no ghosting!! <---
    I'm getting ghosting with 3.826. Its happened a couple times, both with K-Band speed signs. One was lower power and the other was higher powered.

Low Power Sign - K band detected as normal from a distance. Came right up to the sign location and recieved a momentary second K bogey. I pass this sign a couple times a week and its only happened once so far. No other cars were around at the time.

High Power Sign - K band detected as normal from a distance. Came right up to the sign location and recieved a momentary second Ka bogey just as seen in Outrun's V1 overload video. However in my case, there was only 1 ghost detected instead of the 4 Ka ghosts detected on the video.

Power User

3.826 = no bugs to my knowledge.

and no ghosting!! <---
    I agree, mine works great!

V1 Zombie

I wounder if the V1 ghost in a convertable?... Im sure it will :cry: Well it's gonna cost me $200 NZ to get my rip off dealer to sender it off for the upgarde so im gonna start hiding the cash as of now.
    I was married 6 months ago and ive never been so poor now i have to plan for toys darn it :roll:

Professional

Hah!
    Your not alone GHZ1.
    Many of us married type do the "hide money for toys" thing.

Then we hope the wife doesn't notice.

Lead Foot

ghz1 why dont you find a trustworthy forum member who you can send your RD to for the upgrade. I'm sure if you were willing to pay for all the shipping they would oblige...

V1 Zombie

yeah. I really dont want to trouble people. I know it's cheaper and that alot of people are trustable. But what would happen if something went wrong as im sure most of you know SHJT happens and i would end up with no V1 :cry: which will cost me more money not only the price of a new V1 but a air ticket to the US cause i have already had one V1 stolen and i cant take that again :twisted: so i would HAVE to fly to the US and knock some heads which would end up with cops and court etc etc .... true stroy when i was 21 i ended up in a holding cell in Japan for 11 day's trust me it's no fun when you can't speak the same language of the cop feeding you cold rice 3 times a day bath once a week with the other inmates :roll: and thats just cause i got a wee little bit too drunk :shock:
    So i'm happy to spend $200 NZ that's 7 chicken's US and get a 100% safe return. O and the Japan thing they wanted to put me in real jail for 3 months or paye $16000 NZ (alot of chickens US) guess what i did and im still paying him off now :wink:
    If you think you know stress try that for size