Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Confusing updates.

There have been several software/hardware updates in the past year, I have lost count and the order. I would appreciate if anyone could post the updates from 3.818 to 3.826 in order. Just the numbers would be helpful. No need to go into detail about what they do. And is 3.826 the latest? Seems I recall someone posting something about 3.828. Thanks and much appreciated. I just sent my 3.819 back on Saturday 1/7/06 to be updated to 3.826. Hope I am getting the latest.

Radar Fanatic

3.818, 3.819, 3.821, 3.824, 3.825, 3.826
    LS2 menchened 3.828 but he did not know what he was talking about, we had to walk him through reprogramming at least two times.
    I am not trying a new one until it gets warmer and the big guns come out.
    Could be another improvement.
    3.818 was the first time VR mentioned POP it was on their Internet site 11/19/04 the Fri before I left for a vacation, but who is counting?

Newcomer

I should get mine back tomorrow and expect it to be upgraded to 3.826 firmware.

Radar Fanatic

Thanks- after I get mine back (assuming that 3.826) fixes all current known bugs, I too will wait till VR comes out with perhaps a newly designed model. Sure hope we dont see 3.287 anytime soon.

Radar Fanatic

Since I got my current V1 a year ago yesterday, there have been 5 software/hardware updates. I went from 3.818 to 3.819 and now im getting the rest up to 3.826. I hope all issues have been adressed and there wont be any future ones for awhile. To me that shows a company dedicated to continual improvment. I wonder how many other companies have had 5 updates to their products in just one year?

V1 Zombie

Not many said Penny 8)

Radar Fanatic

Default Fast update?

I sent my V1 to be updated on 1/7/06 and using the tracking number today, 1/9/06, I found out that my item had been processed and sent back from VR on 1/9/06 and is enroute as I type. Geez hope they updated it.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by CactusMan
    Since I got my current V1 a year ago yesterday, there have been 5 software/hardware updates. I went from 3.818 to 3.819 and now im getting the rest up to 3.826. I hope all issues have been adressed and there wont be any future ones for awhile. To me that shows a company dedicated to continual improvment. I wonder how many other companies have had 5 updates to their products in just one year?
    3.18 and 3.819 were non Euro PoP2
    Then there was a hardware upgrade known as Euro thet isn't needed if you live in the US and this unit started with 3.821 to 3.826 and are PoP2

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by itisjustme
    Then there was a hardware upgrade know as Euro they isn't needed if you live in the US and this unit started with 3.821 to 3.826 and are PoP2
    I know but some of the updates eliminated certain bugs and according to Happya$$ who did the same thing - he reported getting a 19% improvement across the board. No I dont need the Euro mode but if the updates make my V1 perform better then its all worth it'.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by itisjustme
    Then there was a hardware upgrade know as Euro they isn't needed if you live in the US and this unit started with 3.821 to 3.826 and are PoP2
    I know but some of the updates eliminated certain bugs and according to Happya$$ who did the same thing - he reported getting a 19% improvement across the board. No I dont need the Euro mode but if the updates make my V1 perform better then its all worth it'.
    I dont know if there is any performance increase from the 3.819 non-euro V1 vs. the 3.826 euro. Happya$$, others and myself were ugrading euro units that were at 3.824 and 3.825. Now I did notice a K band performance increase going from 3.824 to 3.826 but who knows if this is because of the 3.826 s/w, or by chance was my original unit not up to specification and they corrected that at the same time it was in for the s/w upgrade. I suspect it was the later of the two and very well may be the same case for Happya$$ unit.