Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default V1 POP2 - Non Euro - Firmware update NOT AVAILABLE yet.

Just FYI, I posted previously that a firmware update was available for V1 POP2 non-Euro mode .. this is a MISTAKE! The lady I spoke with at Valentine 1 was wrong! I got a call from a tech today explaining she must have been confused and thinking of 3.826 . As of now, 1/9/06 there is NO later version than 3.819 for non-Euro POP2 V1's -- however the fix comparable to 3.826 (J bug & Ghosting) is under development and should be available in 2-3 weeks (approx) -- they are waiting for feedback from 3.826 before making the non-Euro POP2 update.

Lead Foot

Default Re: V1 POP2 - Non Euro - Firmware update NOT AVAILABLE yet.

Quote Originally Posted by guardian
    Just FYI, I posted previously that a firmware update was available for V1 POP2 non-Euro mode .. this is a MISTAKE! The lady I spoke with at Valentine 1 was wrong! I got a call from a tech today explaining she must have been confused and thinking of 3.826 . As of now, 1/9/06 there is NO later version than 3.819 for non-Euro POP2 V1's -- however the fix comparable to 3.826 (J bug & Ghosting) is under development and should be available in 2-3 weeks (approx) -- they are waiting for feedback from 3.826 before making the non-Euro POP2 update.
    Thanks for the info. I plan on emailing VR my feedback after I run my 3.826 another week or so.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: V1 POP2 - Non Euro - Firmware update NOT AVAILABLE yet.

Quote Originally Posted by guardian
    Sure would hate to think I was two or three weeks early. VR just sent my V1 TODAY for an upgrade to 3.826. AM NOT sending it in again.

Professional

I've got 3.818 and the unit is about 13 months old. It's an early POP2 unit but w/o the Euro mode.

Is there any cost to upgrade to 3.826 (when available) since I am beyond 12 months?

Thanks.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by nomore55
    I've got 3.818 and the unit is about 13 months old. It's an early POP2 unit but w/o the Euro mode.

Is there any cost to upgrade to 3.826 (when available) since I am beyond 12 months?

Thanks.
    If all you need is a firmware upgrade there is no service charge. But the question is can you get firmware upgrade 3.826 if you don't have Euro mode? Maybe not. They are supposed to be working on an upgrade for non-Euro V1s. You'll probably have to call them to make sure.

GTO_04

I beleive you will have to pay for the Euro upgrade.

Professional

Yeah, they definitely want to be paid for the Euro upgrade which doesn't appear relevant to those living in NAmerica.

I'll contact them soon to find out about 3.826....I had azz-umed we we're on target for getting these niggling issues resolved.

Thx.

Good Citizen

3.825 and 3.826 are Euro firmwares... so you would need to upgrade to the 'Euro Mode' for that (Put your serial # in on the V1 webpage).

For just the firmware to fix the J bug and ghosting issue, 3.819 was/is free.. however it STILL didn't fix it -- however their 3.826 'Euro' firmware apparently fixes it..however the 'non-Euro' firmware ie: 3.820? is not available yet ... the lady misinformed me when i called..so I'm getting my old 3.819 back, and am out the shipping charges, thanks to the screw up. I'm kinda pissed they didn't just up me to 3.826 because of THEIR mistake

Thanks.

Professional

that's not very encouraging, guardian.

For me, it may be more practical to sell the 3.818 and just buy a new unit.

Good Citizen

Default :(

Yea, tell me about it.. just got my unit back... still 3.819 .. I was hoping they would realize it was their F-UP, misinforming me, leaving me without my unit, and losing $ on shipping, and just convert it to 3.826, to solve the problem and make everyone happy.. but they didn't....

Now I have to wait and call them in a month or so, and find out if 3.820 or whatever is available.. then ship it back again, and hope its REALLY available..

If I had money to burn, I'd sell my 3.819 and buy a 3.826.. but I don't.. I barely paid my mortgage this month as it is, paycheck was late because the boss's father who did the accounting passed away.. yet I blew $ on shipping the V1 back, for nothing.

that's not very encouraging, guardian.

For me, it may be more practical to sell the 3.818 and just buy a new unit.

Cheetah Rep

See, that is ****ed up.

VR's customer service (actually, lack thereof) is going down hill.

they screwed up, and you have to pay for it.

At some point they forgot that good customer service is more than having someone answer a phone ( which is useless if the person answering is clueless) or shipping a product quickly.

It's about resolving customer issues to the customers satisfaction.

they should have upgraded you with a new one, since they screwed up in the first place.

From day one i had ghosting issues with mine. sent it in for the *free* upgrade from 818 to 819 but they didn't resolve the ghost issue. if it is such an isolated problem (according to them), then they should have swapped my unit out for one without the ghost problem.

At this point i'm waiting for somone to come out with another option for me. i like to run dark, so i want a concealed display that works like the main unit and so far V1 is my only option.
    Two seperate units may cost more, but i could completely conceal one in the back and one up front, and use the concealed dispalys for all my info.

Now that would be a nice stealth install with real front and back protection....some day.

Again, sorry to hear that.